1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Name the shitiest sy fy movie

Discussion in 'General' started by pfhenry, Dec 13, 2023.

1. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Armageddon.

2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Cherry 2000 is a great film.

When your really drunk.

Or have a TBI.

3. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

I liked Naomi in Mulholland Drive.

motoboy likes this.
  4. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

This reminds me I need to order the syfy channel battlestar galactica dvds because I want them for christmas

5. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Anything Lynch

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

This thread actually prompted me to go look up another glorious piece of shit from my childhood but couldn’t recall its name. Not only did I find the name, but it’s free to watch on YouTube, nice.

Attached Files:

7. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

Elysium is a recent garbage fest. Matt Damon has been stinking up a lot of films.

8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Maximum Overdrive… Any movie with AC/DC in it is good in my book LOL

skidooboy likes this.
  9. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

Great soundtrack! the movie did not suck, if you are into lots of gratuitous one liners. Ski

10. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

So if Star Wars isn’t a shitty sci-fi movie what category would you put it in? :Pop:

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  11. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

The last installment of the Terminator franchise was a real turd. I think it went straight to st(r)eaming.

12. boxcrash

boxcrash Loading.....Please Wait

Right, I mean those are classics, if you love them or hate them.
    Buckaroo Bonzai was and is a classic, even with some of its cheese and non-seriousness. Same with Ice Pirates. Or even Dune, which was more serious then Flash Gordon for sure.
    They paved the way in the 80's for alot of great sci-fi movies.
    I mean even They Live was on the border line of cheese and if you really thought about it, awesomeness. I cannot think of the term you would use, funny and laughable but also great, ahead of its time and if you come to terms that scary to think that it might be accurate or prophetic.
    I saw Black Hole in the movie theater when it came out when I was a kid.
    I also saw ET in theater.

I know I will get some flak for it, but THX1198 is questionable. Sometimes I watch it and like it enough to tolerate and other times its boring, dull and lacks any real talent. Not Space Odyssey, but classic masterpiece boring, but just kind of what is this turd ..........I did always love the end car chase scene. Even when I was a kid I thought that was awesome.

Horrible sci-fi, but fun to watch and make fun of.......... Mac and Me, has to be up there in the top 3.
    And the funny part is they were super serious about making it great. What did they call it, or say about it in an interview one time, "Like ET, but only better" or something like that. What an insult to even try to compare it to ET.
    Even Kazaam might have been a better movie.

13. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

All of the movies mentioned here are Oscar winners compared to Plan 9 From Outer Space or It Conquered the World.

14. Raceless man

Raceless man Well-Known Member

I so eagerly awaited Battlefield Earth.
    I am still waiting for it.

15. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Shocked nobody has brought up Cyborg yet. The actors basically grunted the entire movie.

[​IMG]

16. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

Is rabaconda a sci fi film or a tire changer?

17. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

18. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

I got 10 minutes into the original Dune, and started to question why it was ever made into a movie. It was excruciating to watch, but I made it through, out of some macabre desire to finish what I started. I can't say the more recent version was much better.

19. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I still can't make it through Tron.

20. Gecko

Gecko Well-Known Member

Any love for the "The Fiend Without a Face" (1958)?

I remember it from the re-broadcasts of the TV series Creature Features.

[​IMG]