1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My First Race was. . .

Discussion in 'General' started by Shyster d'Oil, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Rich SmithMoore

Rich SmithMoore Well-Known Member

That would've been Lance David. TT500 Yamaha with H1 front end. Engine seized 1 minute after rebuild cuz he forgot to bleed the oil filter. So by the time you saw him the seized piston had been sanded smooth and then knurled back up to size. Lasted for years.....:up:

2. BlueNun

BlueNun Member

1999, Summit in the rain on the old 'pavement', slick as snot w/ puddles, street tires on a new SV650. Nuts I tell ya, raced everything in site for a few years after and met lots of cool people, big fun ! Thanks for the thread.

3. L.W.

L.W. Well-Known Member

1st RACE

GREETINGs :wow: July 1973, Motorcross 250 B class, 2nd Row -80+ riders- of a FLAGE start, NO water on the track and NO rain too:( I didnot finish LAST:) Started AT:D#8 yrs.old with 2.5 hp. min-i-bike ,rode it every DAY.:p Next bike, Suzuki TM 400 Cyclone :tut: Baptized-By-Fire at 14yrs old. 1st Race one month after 15th-birthday,:up: On a 1973 Honda Cr 250r Elsinore , GREAT bike! :up: Still riding after ALL these years, 40#:moon: KX500 mx dirt ,TZ/kx500 hy-brid asphalt. O yes, Got my PRO License, at 17 Yrs. old :clap:

4. 10MM

10MM Action Reaction

1995, Oak Hill Raceway 90 CBR 600 F

5. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

1972 Dirt Track Corona Raceway. 250 Yamaha single. Just went down hill from there..:crackup:

6. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

1997 at Road Atlanta on a 1977 RD 400.

7. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Dirt- '86 on a track near Binghampton (not Broome Tioga, maybe it was called Enfield?) on a kdx200. 5 lap race, got lapped on lap 3, tried to follow the leaders after being lapped.......over the handlebars DNF!

Roadrace-Feb '95 TGPR RZ350. Entered 4 races that weekend (including a 50miler!) and ended up running all of them the same day. (got 2nd in clubman!!):cool: