1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My First Race was. . .

Discussion in 'General' started by Shyster d'Oil, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Bob E.

Bob E. _________________________

First race: 1979 at Warrior Moto-X, Warrior, AL on a 1978 YZ250.

First road race: 2003 Senior Superbike at Talladega on a 2000 GSXR750.

2. 56cbr600rr

56cbr600rr Well-Known Member

Last month, little Tally. Didn't wreck, was 30th out of 35, lol

3. jgalt

jgalt Well-Known Member

Homestead CCS Feb. 2006.

I can't remember my first motocross race. Probably has something to do with the concusions.

4. crossroader

crossroader road racing junkie

Loudon (the old one) 1979, Kawi KH400 triple. Ran out of gas, was so excited all weekend, filled the tank on Sat. morn. and totally forgot to put any more in... duh

5. crossroader

Oh, just remembered- it was a LeMans start- AAMRR did that for some classes at that time...

6. Ghamilton

Ghamilton Well-Known Member

First Race 1985

Grattan Raceway before repaving with pot holes all over. Track record I think at about 1:29 by, Lance? somebody on a Yamaha thumper. I was on a Kawasaki Gpz 305. Was lapped later that year or the next by Fritz Kling who was on the killer Ascot that his Dad built. It was raining and Dad sent Fritz out on slicks and he flat flew. Have raced or at5 least been on the track every year since.

Gordon Hamilton

7. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Back when the Bartrams ran the races at Nelson Ledges (pre-WERA), all the races were dead engine bump starts.

I will always remember the eerie quiet before the checkered was waved. You could hear yourself breath and if you were really nervous like I was you could hear your heartbeat.

Things are a bit different now, though.

8. RacerGirl117

RacerGirl117 Well-Known Member

Yeah, 'cause yo're old and you can't hear. I'm going to sleep now...meds are finally kicking in.

9. RR558

RR558 Well-Known Member

mx 1978 xr 75, then Blackhawk 93 FZR 400 and it rained like hell just before the warm up lap, needless to say my ass was puckered !

10. Ryan Nelson

Ryan Nelson Well-Known Member

11. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

not in digital form

12. chkaotic

chkaotic Registered Loser

Hallett w/ CMRA: May 2006

13. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

July 15th 2006, 95 CBR600 F3. had 2nd place in the bag..... then I ran out of gas.......
    that was also the 115 degrees in the shade weekend.....

14. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

june 2005 i think it was ... grattan backwards :D i beat slaw :D and he crashed 2 times :D

15. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Or course, this could also read:

Grattan (any year, direction, weather condition, day of the week) Slaw crashed 2 times. :D

16. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

:crackup:
    BAM!

17. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

First race? Tri-State Scrambles, Cheyenne, Wyoming, sometime in 1967, Ducati Scrambler.

First roadrace? Dallass International Motor Speedway, Spring, 1972, Kawasaki S3.

18. racer_11

racer_11 moto nyne guy

no way, i was with the afm racing 400's at sears in 88 and 89!!! sweet! that damn carol ann!!! the only pics i have were taken by my buddy dave pressler. yeah, never was so happy...

first mx, '80 on a yz80, gateway mx
    first roadrace, ysr at amago in '88 with tcr

19. crossroader

Pic

exiting turn 6... I think, at the old Loudon circuit

Attached Files:

20. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

The last photo I saw of a bunch of guys trying to push start their bikes across the start/finish line was of some vintage race.

The caption said the photo was of the finish.

:crackup: