1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP Test Jerez (Spoiler)

Discussion in 'General' started by Black89, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Chip

Chip Registered

Well put... :D

Still, solveable problems....not a doomed concept.

2. intrcptrrdr

intrcptrrdr Well-Known Member

my god man, did you or do you still pull the wings off of flies? that was unnecessary roughness...

3. I agree. They're already going a lot faster than some of the doomsday predictors predicted. I remember last fall and early winter, some people said that a few of the CRT bikes would get lapped twice in a race, and other things like that. That seems to be far from the case now. With a little more development, and time on the bikes, I think all of them will be able to stay on the lead lap in most races.

4. Even if some of them do get lapped occasionally, which at this point is no longer a given, I doubt they would pull a JRP in front of a hundred million people. Im sure blue flags or some equivalent will be used, and proper procedures will be discussed with the riders.

5. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

It's not like the aliens have never had to lap someone during a race before. It's not really that big of a deal.

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Ben will win the Yamaha Cup.

7. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Hey DaveK looks like Stoner won another trophy today...what's your excuse for your soon to be former repsol honda rider pedrosa today? :clap:

8. TStinson

TStinson Well-Known Member

The softer tires this year should play into the race results much more than in the recent past. Is it possible the some of the CRT bikes might manage the tires in a way that over race distance the gap is lessened? Or does the superior electronics of the factory teams just make it worse?

DePuniet is looking very good on the Aprilia.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Stoner may have one day 1 of testing but Pedrosa will win the Jerez testing war.

10. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

WTF Rossi. Nicky is beating Rossi again. I'm convinced that Rossi is on cruise control now running 9/10 (which is still fast as F@$K) just collecting a pay check. He needs some fire if he's going to be back up front.

11. It's testing... there is no way that Rossi was worried in the least bit about trying to go for his fastest possible lap today. He is still searching for solutions. That's not the same as being on cruise control. If you remember last year, he often wasn't the fastest Ducati in practice or qualifying, but was almost always the fastest Ducati in the race.

Im not saying that he will be able to consistently beat the factory Yamaha's and Honda's this year, but Im pretty sure when the lights go out, he will be the fastest Ducati in most of the races this year.

12. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

:crackup:

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Ok anyone bitching about lappers can never speak of the ”good ol days”. 500s were flush with backmarkers now stfu. This means you Toby Moody.

14. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Because MotoGP needed a guy that the leaders are afraid to lap. Every moment around that guy is a moment in peril.

15. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

What are the odds a CRT finishes in front of a Ducati? :wow:

16. caferace

caferace No.

Even money, easy.

-jim

17. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

:clap: My thoughts exactly...

18. Im pretty sure that a CRT will finish ahead of still circulating Ducati, Yamaha, and Honda prototypes at some point this year. It wouldn't surprise me if either Depuniet or Edwards makes it on the podium once this year.

19. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Can Ducati claim a CRT frame?

20. Kurosaki

Kurosaki (^_^) (-_-)

podium? Nah... Finishing top 10, sure. Top 5? Doubt it but maybe with a lot of crashes and mistakes.

I dunno about Edwards. I don't have a lot of faith in that Suter/BMW bike, mainly the BMW part.