1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP Test Jerez (Spoiler)

Discussion in 'General' started by Black89, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Leasing a honda motogp costs almost 5 times that.

2. caferace

caferace No.

3. :crackup:Not suprising, but thats what the whole CRT discussion is about, the cost of the technology and lowering the costs.

4. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Here is my thinking. To see the improvements in tech that MotoGP brings to the street takes a ton of time. Now, throw in the fact that MotoGP bikes are regularly crushed at the end of a season. There is little to no real timely trickle down form MotoGP. Now, if they had to run production-ish engines we might see some very timely trickle down. Imagine what the factories will come out with if the engine has to be based on production. We might actually see a non v-twin Ducati on the road. Or an 18000 RPM monster street bike from Yamaha. All the things that make MotoGP awesome might actually be on the roads. That is what my hope is with the CRT program.

5. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

I'd like to see what a CRT bike could do with Stoner, Lorenzo, Spies, or any of the actually race win capable guys on them. We won't know how quick they can be until the talent on the bike is equal.

6. Im sure that with time for development, and the top riders riding CRT bikes built to the current rules, they would turn times very close to those that they are turning on the full prototypes. A second a lap off, or less.

7. povol

povol Well-Known Member

Its those last few seconds that costs millions. With what Dorna is proposing, not only will CRT's not be as fast as factory prototypes, factory prototypes wont be as fast as todays factory prototypes. They are gutting performance because all of a sudden, the fan wants GP to be something it historically is not. The history of the sport does not include close racing. Way more often than not, there has been run away winners in races and in championships. There is a different dynamic working here in my opinion, and it has to do with fans who are disappearing not because of bad racing, but because they were along for the ride the last 10 years. Now that Rossi is not winning, those fans are tuning out, just like they did when he got hurt in 2010. Television rating dropped over 50% in Europe when Rossi was out, and bounced right back when he returned. The we want closer racing is a narrative from a bunch of fans who are going to disappear regardless of rules package as soon as Rossi retires. They dont care for the sport, and in general dont understand it, and certainly didnt want things changed when Rossi was dominating like no other rider in history. These same people would have been estatic had Rossi won 10 titles in a row

8. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Awesome. Rossi fans are the George h. W. Bush.
    Muahahahah.

9. rocalotopus

rocalotopus thick member

My first-person experience has varied from yours. He smiled bigger than shit while signing an auto for my lady, then ran a perfect race--while being head and shoulders the best to watch. (although Randy looked great riding the 2-up Ducati with the Hayden girls.....)

Bingo. If RdP is like 2 seconds off CS27.......

You've got it backward! The riders make GP. The tech, unobtainium parts and crazy speeds are only a by-product of their rare abiliities.

There are plenty of ways to get your geek fix, it's bizarre to me that the IDEA of the laptop jockeys clicking away does it for you more than the actual racing.

10. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Let's get this thread back on track and focused on Dave K's bet that Perdrosa will win the championship this year. Please and thank you...:beer:

11. povol

povol Well-Known Member

I can get close racing with a number of of low tech racing series,That is not why i watch GP. I know why i watch, maybe you have it backwards.:p

12. povol

povol Well-Known Member

Not blaming anyone, just stating what ive observed over the years. A lot of Rossi fans, not all, are fans of Rossi, not Moto GP. Those fans in particular are not very knowledgeable about the sport compared to fans of other riders. They latched on to a winner and thats all that matters They have proven they will tune out when he is gone. Unless Rossi is planning on being the Frankie Chili of Moto GP, Dorna has a problem they wont be able to fix with Superbikes.

13. Close raing you can certaingly get with a lof of serieses. Close racing with the best riders on the planet is only possible in Moto GP. Unfortunatly we haven't had as much close racing there as most of us would like to see lately. 2006 was the last season that moto gp had a lot of close racing.

14. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

This sounds like WSBK.

15. worldrider

worldrider Sophisticated Hillbilly

Rossi Says That He's Ready for Losail-I don't think so

Rossi Says That He's Ready for Losail - I don't think so. . . I hope so, but I don't think so.

There's a poll going on about whether Rossi & Ducati are going to be competitive - what do you think?

TAKE THE POLL / VIEW THE RESULTS HERE

I think Casey's taking it all again . . . with Spies and Lorenzo a distance behind.

The rubber (and other compounds) hit's the pavement in hours folks and I CANNOT WAIT!

16. povol

povol Well-Known Member

Depends on what you call competitive. 5-6th place, 12-15 seconds off the winning pace. Is that competitive. Rossi has also commented that the best he can hope for at the current time is battling for a podium. Is he sandbagging, maybe, but i doubt it. The days of him lollygagging around at 9/10ths then going balls out in the final 3-4 laps is long gone, as is the theory that if he is within 3/10ths in qualifying, he alone will make up the difference come race day. The competition, Stoner and Lorenzo, are to good for that strategy. They are 10/10ths from the drop of the flag. The great racing that some of you miss so much from 2001- 2006 was somewhat contrived on Rossi's part. He made himself a legend playing with the competition