1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motogp crapenings.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Apr 20, 2020.

1. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

I read things in order, man.

2. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

If he had said it like that I would have read it as such. But, he did not. He said "Last year we saw AB19 walk away with it every race.", unspecific if he meant only the first round.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  3. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

He said “Round 1 of WSBK was already phenomenal this year. Last year we saw AB19 walk away with it every race.”
    That was specific to round 1 from my English classes ;)

4. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

yikes.. Sorry guys.

English isn't my first language.

Incomprehensible cursing is.

MachineR1 and Quicktoy like this.
  5. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

So you're Russian?.....

6. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Don't sweat it. I was giving you a little shit. It's cool man. Bautista did make the first half of that year real interesting, challenging Rea.

Quicktoy likes this.
  7. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

It was fun stressing for Rea. At least for me it was.

8. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

Actually, Mom is Hungarian/Romanian Pops is Irish/German lol

9. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Blimey, is your name Vlad von O'Toole?

R1M370 and YamahaRick like this.
  10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Crash is saying Petrucci and he's confirming that he is out at Ducati motogp at the end of the season confirming WSBK or go to another team in motogo (aprilia) are his options.

Seemed to be a slim chance he'd stay and Dovizioso would retire or go to another team but it sounds like even if Andrea leaves, he's still gone.

11. Phl218

Phl218 .

german article also mentioned that with Dovi's contract expiring this year, the factory would even re-hire Iannone if the ban will be lifted and if they don't come to terms with Dovi...

12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I guess they are getting desperate, surprised they haven't tried to get Lorenzo back from Yamaha.

13. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

It’s a head scratcher for sure. Their bike is very difficult to ride but they keep blaming the lack of championships on their riders. With Marky mark signing a new 4 year contract with Honder , the chances of any duc rider winning a championship are next to impossible.

14. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Kinda surprising petrux is a definite out, especially considering Dovis contract ending. He’s not done bad (when compared to most other duc riders of the past 10 years or so). I can see why they’d want Miller, but iannone? I wouldn’t touch that guy with a 10 foot pole.

15. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

For years, the paddock consensus has appeared to be that the Ducati is the best bike on the grid. Dovi has been second in the championship for the past few years and Quarterrutroh aside, he’s been the only real, sustained threat to Marquez dominance. The bike just doesn’t like corner speed compared to a Yamaha or Suzuki but it’s a monster on brakes and in a straight line. Honda just shored up the straight line speed gap last year so Ducati hasn’t been as much of a threat as years past.

Phl218, ShadowBoxer and CR750 like this.
  16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Dovi has nowhere to go. Isn't anything else worth a damn taken?

17. redtailracing

As far as I know, yea. But from Ducati’s perspective, you just never know. I don’t remember the world superbike situation as well but who knows, if he doesn’t like what duc offers him, maybe he looks over there. Just seems unwise to write off petrux this early, especially with effectively a whole season still ahead of them (or at least what’s left of it).

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Rumors was Pol might leave KTM for the right ride. Dovi was talking to KTM.

No idea if all that was jockeying for more cash.

jd41 likes this.
  19. redtailracing

Where would pol go though? Wsbk? Doubt duc has any interest in him in gp but I’ve been plenty wrong in the past.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Shit if I know but I read Honder and Ducati. No way in shit back to Yamaha.