1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motogp crapenings.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well, Crutchlow to Honda WSBK with full backing by HRC?

He also does well on weird handling and over powered motogp bikes. Shock switch to KTM? Nah, that's a bridge too far. maybe.

2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

He already has pace.

3. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Let’s be honest. Following this news, cal to Ktm really wouldn’t be THAT much of a shock. Guarantee KTM is in full panic mode and they have some rather deep pockets to remedy the situation with.

nd4spd likes this.
  4. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

First of all, the Pol news isn't official by any means yet, even though I think it could happen. The Autosport.com and Motorsport.com are written by the same person, don't cite a source, and none of the more reliable publications have confirmed this move. I'd be skeptical about it for now.

If it did come to fruition, this would have some interesting knock-on effects for MotoGP though...

scottn likes this.
  5. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

Really smart move by Honder. Get Marky Mark signed into a long term contract right after moving his brother into his factory team for one year. Boom! Then sign a very talented rider that is known to wrestle with an aggressive bike and tame it. The Honder needs to be riden like Pol likes to ride. Now Honder might have two riders that can get on their bikes and win.

That part is remained to be seen but the move was pretty damned smart by the management of the evil empire....

badmoon692008 likes this.
  6. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I was actually just having this conversation with my wife. Everything seemed like this following offseason would be a fairly mild one. Not a lot of open contracts out there and most of the few that were ending were sort of expected to resign at the same place or somewhere not terrible dramatic, such as Petrux to Aprilia. But this would change all of that. Definitely shakes things up a bit. Dovi to KTM? Then who to Duc? Where does Cal go? Does Duc backpedal with Petrux? Who does Aprilia go after? All kinds of dominos that could fall. One things for sure. If this happens, KTM needs a development rider ASAP.

7. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

If Pol is indeed at Honder then I would think Dovi will be off to KTM for a big payday if he hasn’t already signed with Big Red.

pscook likes this.
  8. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Monster would have a word to say about that.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, forgot about Monster before I mentioned it.

10. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I hope it’s true. I was hoping last year that they’d get Pol or Zarco on that bike. Asparagus Dos is a fucking beast and would manhandle that Honda to multiple victories and podiums. I think Alex being sent elsewhere would actually be good for him. I think little Marquez is a lot better than we’ve seen but he’s mentally hindered by being in his brother’s shadow. Being his own man would be the best thing for him.

11. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Puig is denying that there’s anything signed for next year by anyone other than Marky mark.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Puig would deny the sky was blue and earth was round until he found a way to make it worth it to him from saying they were.

badmoon692008, jd41 and Senna like this.
  13. Phl218

Phl218 .

14. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

JLO back to Ducati I hope it happens

Phl218 and jd41 like this.
  15. sbkidd

sbkidd Well-Known Member

That guy's damaged goods, you've seen the end of his career!

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Suzuki will take him. ;)

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

He'd win the championship with Suzuki within two years on the factory team with the addition of a big money sponsor.

I said it!

Raper face with a suzuki factroy bike, a big money sponsor would win the motogp championship. I don't care much for him but, he is a machine.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  18. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Suzuki wouldn't win a title with Marquez and all the money.

19. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Navarro.

20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Ha, they one a title with Kenny Jr., they could win with Marquez or Lorenzo.