1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2024 | Race 4 | Spain | Jerez | April 26-28

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Apr 22, 2024.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

2. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

lopitt85 and BigBird like this.
  3. 27

27 Well-Known Member

haven’t seen his heart monitor in a long time… maybe it was causing too much concern from his cardiologist :D Dorna didn’t want to be on the hook for ignoring signs
    Only a little over 100k off… and even the announcers were bragging about “over 300k” then it said 298k now oh sorry 180k… ridiculous and irresponsible of them

cbush, Quicktoy and BigBird like this.
  4. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Zharco out Miller'd Miller

Phl218 likes this.
  5. Quicktoy

I thought we were going to see a battle royale.

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

Definitely not a good look for the American running the marketing arm of the operation.

7. 27

27 Well-Known Member

What’re we talking about here?

8. rwdfun

rwdfun

Next thing they'll tell us is the loud "cheering" for MM we were hearing on TV was actually added into the broadcast feed. It's not like the TV networks don't have practice at that from 2020.

SeventeenRR likes this.
  9. rwdfun

rwdfun

Given Liberty bought MotoGP, you knew they had a plan to take advantage of the US market like they did in F1. Joe fell into their lap nicely. Now I'm wondering if Trackhouse buying a GP team was orchestrated as well /tinfoil hat

BigBird and Quicktoy like this.
  10. Phl218

Phl218 .

giving admins / race direction shit

27 likes this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Wrongly accounting for spectators? I am shocked by this. Shocked! :D

12. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Zharco in the meeting with Spencer

27 likes this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

wsmc42, 27 and motion like this.
  14. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

"Had a bit of an understeer...."

15. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

16. Quicktoy

Set of new trees and he’s good to go.

17. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

18. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

19. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I was thinking also of Beaubier. Cameron’s first (and only) 2 seasons were significantly better than Roberts’, but being past 30 I suppose any hope of a MotoGP ride was gone even with an American passport. So it wasn’t worth sticking it out to improve. Roberts’ initial results definitely weren’t of the “this guy is going to get a MotoGP ride someday” nature….

Quartararo illustrates the point of talented people getting sucked into environments not conducive to exploiting that talent. If Yamaha hadn’t been smart enough to pick him up when they did he’d languished another season in Moto2 what would’ve become of him? There’s definitely a risk in moving too early and when you’re not ready, but IMO not taking the shot when it’s available is usually the higher risk proposition when you’re not a universally agreed upon phenom (Marquez/Acosta). I hope it works out for Joe, I can’t think of a bigger sports falloff than Americans in MotoGP.

20. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

Oh Jesus.....really?

redtailracing likes this.