1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2024 | Race 4 | Spain | Jerez | April 26-28

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Apr 22, 2024.

1. grapemustard

grapemustard Well-Known Member

i don't feel like you watched the same race as the rest of us.

ducrcr likes this.
  2. cbush

cbush Well-Known Member

What actions?

3. 27

27 Well-Known Member

last year when all the follow the leader was going on for qualifying he stepped in front of a rider on pit lane trying to block him from leaving the same time as his rider…

cbush likes this.
  4. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Moto2 and GP were the both amazing races that had my jittery the whole race!

Joe was on a mission - and I feel like he's believing - he BELONGS at the front.

Love him or hate him, Marc is making the GP races more exciting.

Als0 - 296,000 fans is WILD!!!

Quicktoy likes this.
  5. cbush

cbush Well-Known Member

Ah, I see it now - stepped in front of Martin. I missed that somehow.

6. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Remember that interview after Luis Salom was killed? I forget what question the reporter asked, but Zarco reamed the guy in front of everybody.

The Great One likes this.
  7. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I actually forgot who he did it to as that part didn’t matter but his actions did… racers don’t need crew and management to get involved in on bike rider things… it’s bad enough they tell them to switch maps and do this and or that while racing already… then Spencer playing god with bullshit penalties… Tardozzi was a racer too… you’d think he’d be better than that…

alright rant off :)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2024
    Quicktoy and cbush like this.
  8. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I do now… thanks… I’ve always liked him… his rides at the ends of Moto2 races were epic as he came on strong sliding around and kicking ass…

I personally love his interviews in general as he’s so philosophical and passionate about things… him standing up for what is right makes it all the better… his story of sacrifice to make it in the sport is great too… Zarco definitely gives the Frenchies some status in the sport and yeah I know Fabio actually win a MotoGP title :)

younglion, cbush and Blammo like this.
  9. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Where has VR45 Troll been? He must be polishing that crystal ball, because Marc is clearly washed up just like he forecasted.

And you guys calling out Marc for hitting Pecco need to rewind that race and watch it again. Marc is the one with rubber on his leathers...from Pecco's FRONT tire.

Anywho, great race and great season so far.

Go Joe. Go earn that GP ride.

cbush and 418 like this.
  10. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Couldn't the same be said for when Marquez was on the Honda, no where near as good a bike as the Ducati has been for several years.

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

record breaking Over 300K attendance over the weekend, that's very impressive, and it definitely showed. Pecco even pointed it out during his interview of the great atmosphere.
    -------------
    Marc has to override the 23 Ducati, like he did the Honda, but man has been doing his thing now that he knows what he has to do. Love that he still battling for the win than settling.

Best thing to happen is that Martin crashed out in the GP so it keeps the chip closer.
    -------------
    Roberts! :flag:

I was just like does he have enough tire left after dicing through the pack. If he qualified even in the top 8, he wins that race pretty easily. Going for the medium front probably helped keep his pace throughout the race.

Quicktoy, younglion, cbush and 2 others like this.
  12. 418

418 Expert #59

Marquez is washed up. Stick a fork in him.

What a race. o_O

Quicktoy and Phl218 like this.
  13. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

It's hidden in his goatee.

14. IL8APEX

IL8APEX Well-Known Member

The "(so far) image of the season" burned into my head from this GP: During the Marc / Pecco battle when Pecco repassed Marc and the camera shot showed them going away from the camera with Marc smoking the rear tire on acceleration... So good!

-T

JJJerry, Quicktoy, younglion and 3 others like this.
  15. cbush

cbush Well-Known Member

Sure, mechanical advantage is an aspect of any racing that isn’t a spec series.

BigBird and 27 like this.
  16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Sorry, French TV interview.
    Not possible. MotoGP was supposed to die after Rossi retired. Nobody cares about the guys he left behind. Those numbers are made up. The loud roar we heard all weekend every time Marquez made a pass was piped in through loudspeakers because everybody knows he has no fans. Ask @motion . :D

Last edited: Apr 29, 2024
    Bugslayer, 418, Quicktoy and 2 others like this.
  17. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

It was a very good race.

Quicktoy and cbush like this.
  18. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

You do realize the race was in Spain, right? LOL

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I will let that slide because you've been away for long stretches at a time. But the author of the comments I am mocking claimed that Marquez was unpopular even in Spain.

Quicktoy likes this.
  20. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

He stretches his forehead, separates the brow and poof, one goes down.