1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2023 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Feb 28, 2022.

1. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I'm sure it's going to be final after summer break, but just stating what I heard on the broadcast.

I think he's done well for a rookie, but you know how management is....
    Produce!!

MyWayGuy likes this.
  2. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

it seems like Cam is returning to American Racing next year

3. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Are these Kenfirmed?

4. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Would Jorge get the seat over Enea because Ducati can't have two Italians? My simpleton brain would want the guy with more big class career wins.

5. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Most of them are, like Maverick and Aleix.
    Some are speculative, like Remy Gardner moving up, and is Darryn Binder out, is Ogura up & Takka out.

I'm sure there's still a bit of settling before the music stops.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

henry_carlson likes this.
  7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Zarco & Rins are pretty much confirmed...

VR46 probably will stay as is but that is entirely from the vibe.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Two weeks ago, Oliveira was going to Gresini…

9. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Steady T likes this.
  11. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

This HAS to be about AM73.......

12. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

My Pleasure.

13. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Your rating might be right. All those Spaniards ahead of him are race winners and multiple podium finishers though. Little Marquez can do the same, and I believe WILL do so on the Ducati.

The results are almost all on the state of that Honda. Not even Original Marquez performs on it like he used to, though that might be due to his 80 broken arm and shoulder bones. Espargados was grabbing podiums and challenging for wins immediately before jumping on the HRC machine and wasn’t able to do shit with it.

$50 to the AFF says Alex Marquez will win a race on the Gresini Ducati in 2023. Anyone wanna join?

I think Alex Marquez can go way further than many of you give him credit for. Aleix Espargaro was always an excellent rider on shitty bikes, look what this dude has done once he got a good machine. I could definitely see Alex Marquez fighting for the title if he had good equipment and things lined up right. Alex will come good, he’s just not an instant wunderkind like his brother. Who is though?

Boman Forklift and lopitt85 like this.
  14. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

AM has never been confidence inspiring in his riding to me.
    Fast at times. Yes. But not a confidence inspiring adaptable motorcycle rider or good under pressure. I believe he almost threw away the Moto2 title twice. Succeeded once.
    I do think the Ducati will give him the chance he needs for a break from under the shadow of MM and The Big Red Machine and the pressure that goes along with that.
    Cutting the bro umbilical cord and riding one of the best accommodating and performing bikes on the grid could be the fresh start he needs. I'm hopeful but not convinced.
    That being said...Marini is surprising me more than I expected this year. So I hope I'm wrong.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Sounds a little bit like Bezzecchi. I'm not sure he would've been great on a Honda either.

16. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Eight podiums in eight plus years (zero wins). Less than one podium per year and that's challenging?
    Note: AM73 is running 2 podiums in 2+ years. About equivalent.

17. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Comparing Alex Marquez to Aleix Espargaro is comical and an insult to AE. We've been talking about AE being underrated on this forum for YEARS. He was in a league of his own during the CRT/Open era; does anyone remember when Honda(?) cried for a rule change because of his qualifying performances on the open-class Forward Yamaha? He has also curb-stomped his teammate almost every single year he's been in MotoGP. For whatever reason (age/backing/subtle Moto2 tenure?), he hasn't gotten his hands on a truly competitive bike until 2022, but everyone knew he had talent.

Now do Alex Marquez. Nakagami (who is also about to be put out to pasture) beat him in 2020, 2021 and is currently ahead of him in 2022. Serious question, has AM ever qualified on pole or the front row in the three years he has been in MotoGP? How many times has anyone watched a MotoGP race and thought "wow AM is getting the max out of that bike"?

Alex Marquez is probably better than his current results show, but there is no way that he'll ever fight for the title in MotoGP.

SuddenBraking and RS250Ape like this.
  18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Nothing earth-shattering but just came across this...

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

KymiRing might not survive this year's postponement. They allegedly owe the construction company a €600,000 payment they can't make and are on the verge of bankruptcy. :(

20. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Why was kymiring so far behind in build? They’ve been working on this for years.