1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2023 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Feb 28, 2022.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

They are too busy swapping partners, drinking beer, buying Teslas and generally being the happiest people on earth to bother with a racetrack.

BigBird likes this.
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

They must have been drunk as f@ck thinking a F1/ motogp level facility would be a goon idea in Finland. It’s frozen up there from October until May and even if it was built, they got the races and it was hugely profitable the Russians would just get pissed, declare it theirs and bomb the shit out of it. :D

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So Hervé Poncharal is saying that Beirer & KTM want to retain Gardner and the ball is in his court. For now this, however, has very little chance of staying. And should not let that discourage him from doing his best the rest of this year. That's cold. :D

He says that everything is decided by KTM, though. None of that is his decision.

https://www.gp-inside.com/fernandez...-chez-tech3-gardner-a-la-balle-dans-son-camp/

4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Dovi out

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Did anyone think he would race GP next year?

stk0308 and cpettit like this.
  6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I’ll be shocked if he finishes out the year but there’s not a lot of options to replace him.

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

8. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Didn't Dorna intend to keep those two spot for a 'factory' team?...

MyWayGuy likes this.
  9. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

10. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Was he even in?

BigBird likes this.
  11. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Rumors of Yamaha trying to punt morbidelli end of the year and terminate his contract 1 year early

BigBird likes this.
  12. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I like Frankie, but it'd be better if they did. Same for kicking Dovi to the curb ASAP and letting some hungry young talent get at it........except that they don't have the most stacked pipeline right now.

BigBird likes this.
  13. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

What are our options for that?

BMW - Can't see them ever doing MotoGP
    Kawasaki - Been there, done that. Ain't going back while their superbike is so strong
    Royal Enfield - To busy selling to the hipsters via durt track
    Harley Davidson - Only if they can buy another Italian brand to do the bike
    Indian - Not their market
    Triumph - Already have guaranteed wins in Moto2, no need to spend metric tons in MotoGP
    Moto Guzzi - er, yeah
    Norton - :crackup::crackup:

14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Wow. I think we all wondered, but I’m actually surprised they would cancel an existing contract. With Ducati or KTM or a independent team I wouldn’t be nearly as surprised as with Yamaha.

They genuinely seem to care more about their riders to me. Look at all the reunions and corporate events Yamaha has with older pros. I’ve always really respected that and it has made me like Yamaha more, just like their support of MA has made me like them more than the others.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I thought their EWC team might get a save from the chopping block but I guess Suzuki is making deep cuts.

18. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Can I say: "Bombshell"?

Can I? Can I? Can I?.....

19. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Raul Fernandez was linked to them before KTM pulled the locked contract and boned him up to GP involuntarily. Yam could get him on the cheap and I’m sure he’d walk from Tech 3 yesterday.

20. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

The not so cheap part about getting Raul Fernandez is buying him out of his KTM contract. Rumor has it the buyout is ~$1.2M, which is a hell of a price to pay for an unknown quantity in MotoGP. If he had a few standout rides this season it might be an easier pill to swallow, but the dude is dead fucking last in the championship out of all of the full time riders.