1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2023 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Feb 28, 2022.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'd say he had quite a long run on the factory team. And it could've been longer. It was his decision to end it.

2. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

I still have hope that Bestia sticks it out at the Sat team..

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If anyone is gonna to handle their career the same way Razgatlioglu does, I would think that would be him. If he didn't think the factory was good for him, I'm sure he would fight the promotion. But he seems willing to go.

4. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Didn’t they string him along for a while then throw a poison pill ultra lowball contract at him?

That’s like telling a dude he can either shoot himself or you’re going to light him on fire. Then saying it was “his choice” to shoot himself. :D

I don’t know why Dovi was so surprised anyway. I watched 10 seconds of that clip from “Undeterred” where Dovi was having it out with Gigi in the garage and I knew Dovi was getting the boot.

I agree he got plenty of time. I’d have made the same decision to get rid of him in favor of a young hotshot, it was obvious he was never going to win the championship.

ShadowBoxer likes this.
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You must have a fantastic life is being paid $4 million (or whatever) to ride the best motorcycles in the world feels like being lit on fire. :D

6. SGVRider

Yeah that was melodramatic for effect, but it’s the principle. If you’d started working somewhere when they were a shitty little startup, helped turn them into a powerhouse and were their #1 performer for years, then they offered you 1/4 of your current salary for next year you wouldn’t be too happy right? The absolute amount of money wouldn’t matter.

Their poison pill offer was something they made for PR so he’d walk away, it wasn’t serious. Telling Dovi that it was time for new blood and they wouldn’t renew would’ve been far less insulting.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, there is the matter of that pesky championship they won long before he got there. Not bad for a shitty little startup. :D

8. SGVRider

I think it’s more accurate to say Stoner won that championship in spite of the bike. If a certain someone hadn’t blocked him from going to Yamaha in 2007, homeboy would’ve won every championship for the next 5 years.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  9. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

That would imply disregarding the very strong link between Red Bull rookies and KTM.

Ask Raul.... He's now realising about those small characters in his contract, meant to counter RB's investment in that series...

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

THE IMPLICATIONS OF KTM’S RIFT WITH GARDNER’S (AND MIR’S) MANAGER

"“We like Remy very much and would like to continue with him,” Beirer said. “But it would be better if his manager didn’t constantly berate us in the media. Then we would find it easier to extend the contract.”"

"Though it’s not clear what exact media appearances from Sanchez prompted Beirer’s fury, it did come a few days after Sanchez had told Autosport that he would not accept for his client Mir “these s**t contracts that KTM, Ducati are offering their riders” "

https://the-race.com/motogp/the-implications-of-ktms-rift-with-gardners-and-mirs-manager/

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

So Espargaro AND Vinales for two years at Aprilia.....interesting that they kept Vinales...assume it's on the cheap

[​IMG]

12. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

I just don't see the potential anymore. Would have taken Rins or Oliveira if I could.

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

For sure, but I assume Maverick is cheap.

14. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I thought i read that Mav was a 1 year deal

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

16. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

17. Circacee

Asparagus and Mav are best buddies, Aprilia isn't going to rock the boat (cutting Mav) when Aleix is finally going well.

418 likes this.
  18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

No

19. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Imma really scratching my noodle on why they kept Mav. He must have some value.... just not sure what?

20. Circacee

He's a demon in FP1/FP2's..

motion likes this.