1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2022 | Race 15 | Aragon | Spain | Sept 18

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Sep 12, 2022.

1. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Well, from the looks of the wedding photo thread, it worked on at least one Woman, and she must be a looker, because your daughter sure didn't get her looks from you :D.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

That is very true on the looks not coming from me, although she did get my dimples and amazing personality.

I met my wife long after high school, so the Eisenhower’s didn’t help me there! Hahaha

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

Jack Miller: "Shit is going to happen when you ride up the ass of other people"

"The Fabio one was a racing incident - I mean Marc had to shut the gas and was a little out of the line, tried to crack it on and the tyres were kind of fresh so it lit up on him.

"He had to roll out and Fabio was just the unlucky bystander, let’s say. The Taka incident, from my point of view - just what I saw on the TV - was completely Taka.
    "Marc was in front and on the inside. He had the right of way and Taka seemed to be leaning on Marc and eventually lifted his own front tyre.
    "That’s a part of it too,” said Miller when told of the issues Marquez was facing. But the Ducati rider continued: “This is racing, sh*t’s going to happen. Sh*t’s going to happen when you ride up the ass of other people. I don’t think we can blame the gadgetry."

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/1012589/1/miller-shit-going-happen-when-you-ride-ass-other-people

Sudowoodo and Phl218 like this.
  4. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Burn him alive!! Behead that australian and his blasphemous mouth!

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  5. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

So the real question from this weekend is, how many more races will it take before Yamaha replaces Morbidelli with Crutchlow?

6. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

it passed me by that this was an old beef. Adrian Fernandez rode for that team last year. Adrian is the brother of Raul and their father, Carlos, is the "worst father" on the grid. Paddock Pass journalists said he is extremely disliked and implied the word hated. And because the family are such assholes, Adrian has lost his ride for next year. Adrian only had his current ride bc Raul was on the GP team............. WOW

Alos, what's the over under that the "assault on mom" was extremely overblown and they called her a cunt or something??? 60/40 given who we are dealing with?? ay dios mio

Rising likes this.
  7. Busdriver02

Busdriver02 Well-Known Member

From David Emmett's twitter (paraphrased):
    Alpinestars says airbag deployed correctly, but when the bike hit him during the tumble the pressure in the bag spiked (higher than they've ever seen), causing the zipper teeth to let go.

Seem plausible to me if hit on the back (as an example), that the bag would try to expand out front and pop the teeth. I'm guessing the solution will be more expandable panel coverage to allow for additional expansion. I suspect there's a limit to what any zipper can hold.

HPPT and BigBird like this.
  8. Phl218

Phl218 .

:stupid:

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

This would be a lot funnier if a dick said it.

I never thought for a second that anyone punched the mother in the face or anything like that. But if you make physical contact of any kind, all bets are off. Doesn't matter if it's just poking on the shoulder. You don't punch someone unless you are ready to fight them, and you certainly don't touch their wife.

And yes, I've heard that daddy Fernandez is one of those race dads that no one wants around. I had forgotten that the kid was on the other team last year. Thanks for the extra info. Kind of puts things in context.

Boman Forklift, Rising and BigBird like this.
  10. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

But still as funny?;)

11. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

you right, i missed the put hands on bit, i was wondering if hands were actually placed on mom. ill defer to you though mr.plug

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Oh, hell yeah. The mechanics went over to the Fernandez pit area. They got what they deserved. I don't care if the justice was administered by an asshole. :D

BigBird likes this.
  13. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

He has to be charged with treason and adultery first. Then you can have the show trial and behead him!

Well, that's how Henry VIII would of (sic) handled it.

14. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Why in the sam hell would they do that?

15. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Maybe they have too much money left in the spare parts budget and if they don't spend it, they won't get as much next year.

YamahaRick and redtailracing like this.
  16. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Crutchlow came in for his first race in over a year, out qualified Frankie and finished 10 seconds ahead of him on a poverty level Yamaha team thats on the verge of forcing all of the crew members and their wives/girlfriends to start OnlyFans pages to keep the team afloat. He also scored points for Yamaha while Frankie was circulating around the track with the Moto3 rookie on the two year old Yamaha held together with duct tape and zipties. Frankie hasn't been there mentally since his knee injury and I dont see him coming back to his old level.

What are the excuses going to be when Yamaha delivers that new motor next year and Frankie is running around in 10th-15th?

Sudowoodo and BigBird like this.
  17. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Yea but what I'm not understanding is why Yamaha would bother swapping the 2 riders. So that it's technically another factory bike finishing as 2nd Yamaha? Doubtful. Can't say I recall seeing any other manufacturers do something like that mid season.

As far as the excuses go, going to say that conversation has been going on for months as it is. They jumped the gun on signing him to a 2 year deal and likely don't want to ruffle anymore feathers by ended a contract early.

BigBird likes this.
  18. BigBird

BigBird blah

especially considering Frankie is a VR46 product

19. KNickers

KNickers Well-Known Member

That makes it sound like the pressure spike in the airbag when the bike hit him may have prevented what could have been a far more catastrophic impact injury. More expansion panels in the suit might have let the bike punch through the airbag and damage the body. Maybe making the zipper stronger could be the right answer. I'm sure smart folks are looking at the data and better gear will be the result. We'll all benefit down the road from Fabio's scraped nipple.

Monsterdood, BigBird and Peter Hively like this.
  20. BigBird

BigBird blah