1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2019 | Round 12 | Silverstone | UK | Aug 23 - 25

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Aug 19, 2019.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

MM
    Qua
    Cru
    Vin
    VR

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Bit early to have drank that much. :D

3. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Shut yer dirty pie hole hill billy

motion likes this.
  4. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

Nah. MM does this pretty often at tracks that aren't particularly well suited for the Honda. He'll stalk whomever he feels is the most threatening and uses them as a reference point and to try and understand where they're strong. He's done this at a number of races, especially earlier in the season before Lorentho skittled everyone.

Like the announcers were saying though, all of them should be penalized for cruising. If they do it in Moto3, it should be done in GP as well.

The Great One likes this.
  5. eggfooyoung

Agreed. It all started at pit out with the hand gesturing, so you knew it was coming.

6. Rossi said f it and went, I give the guy credit. MM played it smart and used him as a rabbit, the old man still went pretty quick on his own though.

BHP41, Dragginass and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  7. Moto 3 was a giant CF is qualifying, some of those crew chiefs f’ed up pretty bad when deciding when to send riders out.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  8. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Marquez with the Flintstone braking technique on the last lap to capture pole. Simply awesome.

BHP41 likes this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think there's some black magic element that's very easy to get wrong with those frames. They are on their 7th different chassis in Moto 2 this year, with Binder currently using version 6 while Bezzechi prefers the more flexible version 7.

10. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Maybe it’s time they go to single lap qualifying since grid position penalties are having zero effect?

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The problem with that is how long it takes.

12. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Do it like the TT practice sessions.

Pairs go in 30s delays.
    Pair 1
    30s
    Pair 2
    30s
    Pair 3
    wait to clear.
    clear
    Pair 4
    30s
    etc...

13. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

You could have someone on a hot lap, a warm up lap, and a cool down lap all at the same time.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I factored that in. But 30 bikes with 2-min laps (if all goes well), that could take a while.

15. eggfooyoung

20 minutes?

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:confused:
    It's going to take four to five minutes to get a lap time on the first bike, then 30 bikes at one per minute if everything goes right. (I know Jed mentioned sending two at a time, but then you get into who's gonna lead, which is how we are in this situation in the first place)

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Send them one at a time every fifteen seconds in order of their best practice times.

MachineR1 and The Great One like this.
  18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Eight of them out there? Yeah, I don't see the current problem occurring at all. :D

19. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

Miller pulling a massive stoppie and EspA claps. I love this shit.

scottn, MachineR1, 83BSA and 3 others like this.
  20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

So two every 30 seconds is good except for “who’s going to lead”, but one every 15 seconds is “too many on track to work”? :confused: