1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2019 | Round 12 | Silverstone | UK | Aug 23 - 25

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Aug 19, 2019.

1. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Interesting. Q and Rossi got their laps re-instated. Originally those laps were cancelled due to exceeding track limits. The video replays had it really close. Rossi in particular didn't look to have all of his tire in the green paint. As I understand the rule any part of the tire touching any part of the curbing and you are legal.

BigBird likes this.
  2. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

They gave it back to him. And to Quartararo.

BigBird likes this.
  3. BigBird

BigBird blah

new surface

"more grip... smooth like glass... so much fun to ride on... "

until F1 gets their hands on it again...

4. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

Rossi has them right where he wants them...here's where he makes his push to be 10x world champ

[​IMG]

MVA25 likes this.
  6. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

He has a better shot at 10 DNF's this season.

7. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

What is going on with that boy? Is he unstable or something? Not joking. Some of the stuff I've read it seems like he has some personal issues. Shame because he's fun to watch when he is on form. Hate to see him sidelined.

9. 2blueYam

If it just isn't working, sometimes it is best to find something else. If Folger takes a full time Moto2 ride, then Zarco would be perfect to step in as the Yamaha test rider. Being on a good MotoGP bike that he likes and out of the spotlight while he gets his head screwed back on straight could be just what he needs.

mmunoz411 likes this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Being out of the spotlight is exactly what he doesn't need if he ever wants another full-time MotoGP ride.

MachineR1 and BigBird like this.
  11. 2blueYam

If he does a good job of bike development and runs well at the 2 or 3 rounds they let the test riders run, I would think that would get him back into a full time ride, but I could be wrong and he isn't as young as he used to be. Do you think going down to Moto2 or WSBK would give him a better chance? I think not. Those are about his only alternatives at this point as far as I can see.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think that winning a championship in either of those classes would be better than being a test rider, as far as visibility is concerned. I mean, just a few months ago, there were respected people talking about Bautista replacing Miller and Petrucci punted to WSBK.

BHP41 likes this.
  13. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Maybe Zarco is taking Bautista's ride on the Duc in SBK?

14. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Interesting that FQ has the slowest top speed but the fastest time. Some of the guys have 10ks on him!
    <Hat taken off>

scottn and pfhenry like this.
  15. BigBird

BigBird blah

If Rea didn't have a chance at a decent MGP ride, then Zarco is SOL.

Sent from my smatrfone

mike574 likes this.
  16. BigBird

BigBird blah

Life of being on the Piano. It's usually like this close to every round.

Sent from my smatrfone

17. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Re.: Zarco

In a way, hats off to him too. It was either being miserable, of little use, perhaps unsafe but piling on the money, ...or bow out.

I'd wager to say he was in a better position to judge what was best for himself than any of us in our armchairs (or toilet bowl be that as it may)....

18. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Or Iannone's ride on the Priller?

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Zarco is already in MotoGP. If it weren't for the two-year cycle, he would have a good shot at a ride.

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

Doesn't look like it for 2020. There's only one Frenchie worth rooting for....

Sent from my smatrfone