1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP 2016: Italy - Mugello/Gran Premio d'Italia TIM - May 22

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, May 16, 2016.

1. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

True.

Would make sense that they offered him the seat though(IMO). He wicked fast and young. All I heard was he didn't like the "details". What those are will remain a mystery. You could guess it was the money but could equally be correct in assuming the details were a clear #2 in Ducati. Something Dovi would be more comfortable accepting vs AI. At this stage in their careers.

2. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

What I inferred from Iannone's discussion of it at yesterday's press conference was that Ducati wanted to keep him, but it wouldn't be on a factory team/terms.

Again, my inference, not his statement.

3. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Shit AI on a factory duc for a satellite team is still better than that turd of a zook

4. Jedb

I agree that he would be very good in that role. I'm reading into it that he may not have received full factory support if it was that role.
    Contract direct with the manufacturer doesn't always guarantee the newest bits. (Bradl on Honda, Redding on Honda, Pol on Yamaha, etc)

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Contract details probably included a crash clause....

6. Jedb

So he'd owe Ducati a bunch of Euros!

:D

7. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

I have to disagree. Considering that Iannone came up with full factory support in the Pramac team, I can't imagine that they were going to demote him to a level that was even lower than when he was a rookie. (At Pramac, AI got access to the GP14.1 and 14.2 at the same time as Dovi)

AI is young and hungry as hell. I think that Ducati wanted clear #1 and #2 roles in the team, and AI wasn't going to stand for that. We've all seen how difficult it has been for Yamaha to maintain two #1 riders, results aside. Ducati probably tried to avoid an issue before it became one by putting language in the contract that JLo is the #1. AI said no thanks and jumped to Suzuki where he will have #1 status, regardless of who his teammate is.

Chip likes this.
  8. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Unless Stoner unretires to ride for Suzuki... :D

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's a lot of words for something that you cooked up on your own. :D

BrianC636 and Chip like this.
  10. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Phl218 likes this.
  11. Lee#144

Lee#144 Track Newbie

The pre-race press conference was interesting. It sounded like Iannone had the option to stay but he wanted to move to Suzuki to be the number 1 rider. I thought Jarvis really gave Pol and Bradley the business basically saying neither one of them were getting it done and that Pols results were below expectations.

12. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

You could say she had it all....

13. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

I think Marquez' bike went down because Rossi ran him off the track. The kick was more like"take that motherfucker!"

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If I remember right the kick was because MM ran into him - whole event was still Rossis fault.

15. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Weighing in at 19 stone?

16. throwdown

throwdown Well-Known Member

Lorenzo never assaulted someone one track.....just saying, they all have the ability to act like babies, lots of ppl idolize Rossi, and he has more GP experience than anyone, he should be leading by example. I'd expect a hot headed youngster(Simoncelli etc.) To do something like Rossi did, but not a 35 yr old man, come on now.

17. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Assaulted someone on track?

18. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Looks like they're warming up the Suzukis:[​IMG]

19. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Who needs tire warmers?

20. SamG

SamG yellow plate for life!!

Burning a Marquez effigy? [emoji1]