1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | New Jersey Motorsports Park | SEP 10-12

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Sep 9, 2021.

1. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

i think yall are illustrating a larger issue I have noticed over the past years. the at the track experience is lacking! no video boards, pa systems you cant hear, terrible bathroom/shower situations/ no food, grandstands with no view, etc. i dont want to slam MA or the tracks because lets face it, 5K attendance has been a "good crowd" at certain tracks but it certainly is an area that can be improved imo. just hope this increased attendance is a trend and not a symptom of being locked inside for the past 18 months

Monsterdood likes this.
  2. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

My gf was very excited to see the fastest, best of the best, most bad ass racers in America, and she wasn’t let down in that regard. She thought the racing was absolutely fantastic.

However she was underwhelmed by the track experience. Having been to Indy Car and other car racing events, she was expecting the same type of track atmosphere, and was surprised that it wasn’t on the same level. Other than all the big rigs, it wasn’t much different than a club race atmosphere. I don’t much care as I’m all about the racing, but to lots of folks not like me they want the sizzle with the steak. I think MA really needs to make progress on this front if they want to grow the sport with casual fans.

At the end of the day I’m just grateful that we have pro motorcycle racing in the US, with great tracks for them to race at, and that folks can go have a front seat to experience the action.

3. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I think Road America does an excellent job at this. I planned an event at work for all of the MC riders to head to MotoAmerica races there this year but some big tickets items at work forced us to cancel. Between having all of the cruiser riders amped about the bagger class, sportbike riders being excited to see racing in person, and all of the entertainment available for family members, there was some real excitement over the plan. Bummed it didnt go through but some venues are committed to creating the "experience".

4. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

My wife has been to way to many track days and club races so she doesn't expect much. She was actually impressed with the food trucks and atmosphere at Pitt Race this year. Dozens of food trucks were there. We had really good food to. They had a large screen on wheelie hill so you could watch the rest of the track. Then we went to NJ this past weekend. She was like I've seen Club race weekends with more offered then this. If the tracks did more it would draw a bigger crowd.

evakat likes this.
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!