1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | New Jersey Motorsports Park | SEP 10-12

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Selling a monopoly to a concession person is guaranteed money for the track no matter what. Puts all the work and chance of losing money on others. The concession folks want a monopoly because it is a gamble even with big events. Order food enough to cover 10k people and mother nature craps on the event so you only serve 2k and it can put them out of business.

2. swissrcr

swissrcr Active Member

that makes way too much sense.when we raced ,we always brought the grill.
    even easier today,get a blackstone grill,brats ,onions and done.well,and the cooler full of beer.

3. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Oh man we would killed for one of those!

SuddenBraking likes this.
  4. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

NJMP must wanted to keep EVERY food/drink dollar!!!
    Just the NJMP food window and 1 food truck!!! The food line was crazy long!

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

They also may not have expected that much people. Glad to hear there were lines for anything

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  6. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

We went hungry, fuck that line...
    Remember the ahrma a couple years ago?
    15 different food trucks, 9 winery's setup with taste testing, Live music on 2 stages,, all this with less fans??
    They def had the ability to do it right but didn't..

evakat likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All of that had to be done through the track, not sure why they wouldn't for MA.

8. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Some folks I spoke with during lunch said the concession cluster was due to dismal attendance numbers at NJMP last coupe years.

They ( track and MA ) didn't expect and anticipate the crowd that showed up and claimed no time to react and get other food vendors at last minute.

evakat and BigBird like this.
  9. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

I take that excuse with some skepticism...
    They know how big the crowds were for the MA round at PittRace.
    MA and NJMP had to anticipate a "larger" crowd this year than previous years.
    About every round held this season has had nice crowds.

23103a and Yama-saurus like this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And again, still nothing to do with MA - it is the track and their concession folks.

evakat and Yama-saurus like this.
  11. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Njmp was probably more concerned with patching the track right before the race weekend

12. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Haha yeah that looked pretty bad on the internet.

But I was there the weekend before for CCS and it was fine (it was my first time there, so maybe it was even better before) I had no complaints.

There was 1 food truck.

If they had 3 or 4 more should have been enough. Lets see if it is better next year

BigBird and noles19 like this.
  13. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

There should be some venue requirements flowed from MA though. Things like adequate bathrooms and drinks and food would make sense. If they don’t flow those types of requirements, then they are risking the customer experience. I’m just a grid filler, not an organizer so I’m just thinking about common sense requirements for a National level venue. Could you imagine Talledega not having enough food during a NASCAR race? I can’t.

KneeDragger_c69 and rice r0cket like this.
  14. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Yes. I agree and understand that MA has nothing to do with the food/drink operation.
    But at some point you would think someone from MA asked NJ... "Are you prepared for the size of crowd we anticipate? Bathrooms, food, trash cans, etc.
    I know there were very few trash cans out by bleachers behind the food building. Had to take all our food/drink trash back to the food building across the grass area so it didn't blow away while watching the races from the bleachers.
    I know. I know. First world problems.

Monsterdood likes this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sounds great, then there is reality. Comparing ANY motorcycle race in the US to Talladega and NASCAR there is just silly. Especially given how fickle motorcycle fans are, Talladega they'll be there partying in the pouring rain knowing the race won't happen...

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They can tell the track what they have had during the year but don't have any ability to force the track to do anything.

17. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I’m just saying, if Alabama NASCAR fans don’t have food, you’re gonna have problems! :crackup: That was the closest track to where I grew up so the comparison isn’t silly to me :p I still remember getting the free samples of Winstons for my dad when I was 14 or so. Good times…

18. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Speaking of problems, Stefano mesa said someone messed with his suspension while they were sleeping, that shit is unforgivable, and I've heard about it happening more again lately

19. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

I had that happen at njmp 10 years ago. Anyone doing that should be at the wrong end of a 3' screwdriver.

YamahaRick, noles19 and BigBird like this.
  20. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

And there are plenty of folks such as myself that will plan accordingly next year. I had hoped to spend liberally at the track as I wanted to support MA, the track, and moto racing in general. But no way I was gonna stand in line for over an hour and miss racing action. So we went hungry all day.

Next year we’ll be loaded for bear, gonna bring a grill, cooler, the works - not gonna take a chance on the same thing happening again. And sadly the track won’t get any of my money for food/drink.