1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | Barber Motorsports Park | SEP 17-19

Discussion in 'General' started by henry_carlson, Sep 17, 2021.

1. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

It wasn't a specific admission, and I may have read more into it, basically said he was trying everything he could and felt they got a harsh penalty.

sbk1198 likes this.
  2. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

That's ok. I got meatballed for a jump start, but so did Gus, cuz he jumped it too by a bit because of me! :D I messed him up...that's what happens when you focus on the person in front of you instead of the green flag! :D Pretty sure he still beat almost everyone in that race even with a ride through penalty. Probably got 2nd or 3rd.

You mean a few years ago when he used to race in Supersport? I think that was just lack of funding and sponsors so he had to stop. But I've also heard he never really had a good attitude towards all of that and didn't put much effort into finding sponsors. Kinda sounded like a bit of entitlement, thinking that he deserves the support and people should sponsor him just cuz he's a pro and did well in the KTM Cup. Meanwhile Brandon Paasch, who was from the same area, they raced together for many years, similar skill level, etc. was much more ambitious and put a lot more work into creating the opportunities he's had so far. And the difference is very noticeable now. Look what Brandon has done so far in the last 4 years vs Mazz.

3. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

mazz.JPG

backbone and sbk1198 like this.
  4. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

What exactly do you think a black flag means?

RRP likes this.
  5. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

I was a lucky recipient of that wave of mud and shit being splashed right onto my shield.

His starts may not look that bad on the video, but when you see a bike come blasting through from behind you, weaving through bikes that are still sitting still, it's pretty fucked up.

It was nice seeing you this weekend, Blake.

6. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

I agree - the video doesn't do it justice. I was up on the observation deck and saw it, and was like "WTF?!?!?!?!"... so were a few others around us. I'm surprised he didn't hit someone.

Later in the day when I heard on the teams channel for the rider and the entire team to report to race control, and the tone in his voice, I knew it wasn't going to be good for him.

418 and E Reed like this.
  7. annie650

annie650 Well-Known Member

I had a front row seat to the double jump start deal from Mazz. I was working on the grid and was standing in the back at the start, so I had a great vantage point. First start, he left as soon as the light came on. I looked and saw who it was and I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he was just eager to get to the front and it was an honest mistake, as he had some pressure on him. He bobbed and weaved around some bikes on the first one but no one was super affected by it. At the restart, he left the second the light came on AGAIN and I knew exactly what was going on. Karma bit him in the ass on the second one and he got pushed off track at the start. Ignored black flags and never came in as well.

To blatantly jump the starts from the back row, in the rain, especially when bikes aren't necessarily launching on a "straight" trajectory (due to conditions), and then saying you'll do whatever it takes to get the best result...total lack of respect for your competitors, entitlement mentality, poor sportsmanship, safety issue....enjoy your extended off season. buh-bye.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
    Gino230, JBall, jschuster2 and 6 others like this.
  8. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

i saw that when watching the race and said wtf is this guy doing, it was like he didnt care about the start or lights. Def very disrespectful to his fellow competitors.

9. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

exactly , may be he needs another three years off

10. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

License suspended for intentionally jumping the start. Since they changed it from ride through to 5 sec penalty, some riders have decided to take advantage.
    I heard Baz also is in the same situation?

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

How do they tell the rider they have to come through pit lane? We use a black flag...

RRP and E Reed like this.
  12. 418

418 Expert #59

In the interest of keeping shit factual, Mazziotto definitely didn't jump the restart by taking off when the "red lights came on".

Unless the Youtube MA coverage has been edited.

backbone and sbk1198 like this.
  13. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

Check line “d”.
    For a double jump start

Guess Mazz needs to read up on black flag rules before he tries to angle shoot for advantages.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Freaky that whole enforcing the rules as they're written thing :crackup:

RRP, mastermind, E Reed and 1 other person like this.
  15. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

did he get banned? I dont see anything on rrw or motoamericas website

16. sbk1198

Black flag means get off the track now cuz there's a problem with your bike or gear. Your race is over. It does not mean a ride through penalty. Surely you knew that if you're racing lol

17. sbk1198

In club racing it's always been meatball flag. In pro racing, either on the dash at the high level where they have that technology or on a board next to the rider's number at the start/finish line.

18. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

No. Black flag rules in MotoAmerica and any pro event is penalty or ride through. The meatball is get off immediately in pro. WERA implements the same thing nowadays to match MotoAmerica. How long has it been since you last raced in WERA?

Gino230 likes this.
  19. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

Surely you would know if you are a racer that those flags were swapped a while back....

backbone likes this.
  20. annie650

annie650 Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to get into any kind of argument here, but I don't really think the video does it justice (as said by others in this thread). I was standing on the same side of the wall as him, nearly in line with him, both starts. I had the red start light in the corner of one eye and the grid in my main vision, ready to run and push any bike that could happen to stall on the start. The light went on, all bikes were humming, his RPM dropped for launch right after the light went on. Enough to cause a big 'WTF' moment for everyone around the area watching because it was just so awkwardly early. FWIW, I like Anthony. Super talented and unafraid to be himself. I just think this was in poor taste and could have caused someone to get injured unnecessarily, especially in those conditions.

mastermind, 418 and E Reed like this.