1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | Barber Motorsports Park | SEP 17-19

Discussion in 'General' started by henry_carlson, Sep 17, 2021.

1. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Joe Melendez… 7th in Twins Cup…

2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Both Marcon and Blackmon crashed if I am not mistaken….

3. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

Just be happy they weren’t out there shitting all over the track

noeyes likes this.
  4. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

Marcon had electrical issues, Blackmon binned it.

TLR67 likes this.
  5. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Kind of a bummer that the weather was such crap for the last round of the season. Glad to see Cam P and Scholtz take wins.

It’ll be interesting to see what moves are made in the off-season. I don’t see any team having the package to take the fight to attack round after round next year.

23103a, jrsamples and henry_carlson like this.
  6. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Being out there was a little miserable with all the water. But was such an entertaining weekend, didnt know who would win till the very end.

Shout out to Danilo Lewis who was P6 on the first SBK race but unfortunately crashed with 2 corners to go.
    Gabriel DaSilva with that awesome win
    And Jody Barry closing the season with a 2nd.
    Had a lot of fun this year helping them all.

7. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

The weather was crap. For the dudes that like carnage, this was their weekend.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  8. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

you're the brazilian guy that was at the airport with us right?

rafa likes this.
  9. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

did you race in that weather, man it looked so crazy. I know from racing a car in the rain its the great equalizer but being on a bike hydroplaning and hearing them spin up, dam who had brown shorts after those races.

rafa likes this.
  10. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

There was a rare moment when Pridmore and GW were silent and you can actually hear the bikes. They were focusing on Cam Petersen and he spun up that M4 Zook like no ones business. Shit was thrilling to hear but I'm sure Cam could do without it.

MyWayGuy and ajcjr like this.
  11. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Yes that was me haha

Oh no, I only club race and the slight amount of water will keep me under the canopy and not on the track haha.
    I was just there are crew helping.

ajcjr likes this.
  12. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

That's all that flat track training paying dividends.

13. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

that was something, hell i thought njmp was the wet track

Huge shout out to Kayla, Cam P, De Silva and SDK.

Thoughts for Rocco and Richie

got a kick outta baz saying he is the "king of the rain" then conveniently leaving the other two who binned it and still finished ahead of him out in the post :rolleyes::rolleyes:

i almost forgot - Zanetti got more wins than Baz hahahah

season was meh competitively (imo) but very happy for the series in terms of turnout, hype and the recent espn deportes announcement.

here's to 2022 :beer:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
  14. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I hope Kayla can do a better job qualifying.
    Would love to see what she can do starting up front.

Banditracer likes this.
  15. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Not only was it his first time there, he did that time in Q1 while there was a HUGE trail of oil dry right at the entrance to museum. Impossible to avoid. Q1 was cut short when lightning got too close. Them boys were movin'!

I believe Kaleb did a 1:30.xxx in last year's race, right before crashing so we knew it was gonna be FAST.

These Apes are great when they stay running, every session one of them doesn't make it. Engines, overheating issues, shifting problems, electronics, I believe Mazz's forks broke in Q2, etc. Marcon's issues appeared to be electrical, the bike just shut off.

I was very grateful that I had my RV, there was tons of water in the paddock. Barber has some amazing drainage, but damn there's only so much they could do.

E Reed likes this.
  16. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Any idea why Mazz got black flagged in the race? They showed him the flag early in the race, but it looked like he kept going because the ranking on the screen was showing he got up to like 6th or 7th by the end, starting from 32nd or something like that on the last row. At the end of the race they had him in last place in the official results, meaning he got DQ'd.

17. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

I don't know but just before Mazz went out it looked like the main zipper on his leathers was broken?

Dunno if that had anything to do with it but it caught my eye.

18. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I don't know. He was DQ from Q1 also, and I don't know why, although I was told his forks broke internally- not sure what that had to do with the DQ. I didn't have a chance to ask Nobi.

19. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Someone jump started the race pretty bad, I dont know if it was him.

E Reed likes this.
  20. Waterboy

Waterboy Rain Man

Jumped the start and the restart by A LOT like he was being very intentional about it.

E Reed likes this.