1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | Barber Motorsports Park | SEP 17-19

Discussion in 'General' started by henry_carlson, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

That would be an interesting strategy in a monsoon race. Jump the start, get in front of the mist and take your 5 second penalty. The collective mist starting around place 6-7 was crazy on TV.

2. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

I was gridded one row ahead of him. He took off when the red light came on instead of when it went off on BOTH starts. He blasted through at least 3 rows of bikes each time. On the restart, a bike he was coming up on went out to the right, forcing Mazz off track. It threw mud and shit all over me. You can see it starting to happen on the Live+ coverage. They black flagged him, but he never came in. Him and his whole team were called to race control. I'm sure that meeting went really well for him...

I wonder what the fuck was going through his head to make him want to do that shit? That's how people get killed.

3. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

I thought I saw him jumping the start when I watched the race, cuz I happened to be looking at the back of the grid for some reason. But that's no reason to black-flag someone. I've never heard of that before. Normally you get a ride through penalty or added time after the race. I've never heard of anyone in any motorcycle racing series to get black flagged for that.

4. sbk1198

He was probably pissed having to start in 32nd place in a 6-lap sprint. Still, that's no excuse though. If he purposely jumped the start by that much, twice...shame on him then.

5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

If you do something to that extent you'll get black flagged for sure

MyWayGuy likes this.
  6. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

I’m sure intent had a lot to do with being black flagged.

badmoon692008 and sbk1198 like this.
  7. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

It looked like he was weaving past still parked bikes. He took off a ridiculous amount early.
    look at the red bike at the very back at the start:

E Reed likes this.
  8. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Apparently race control thought the same thing. He is most likely getting an extended off season from MA.. His license got yanked.

E Reed, noles19 and MyWayGuy like this.
  9. 418

418 Expert #59

Yikes.

10. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Stupid should hurt.

11. sbk1198

Honestly, looking at it again now, it's not even as bad as I remembered it when I saw it live. The light goes on and he's still stopped. He takes off maybe a second at most before the lights go off. He probably tried his luck at guessing when the lights would go out but was off by a bit and they held them on longer. I would personally have a hard time justifying a black flag and a meeting with race direction afterwards just for that if I was making that call. I would've just meatballed him for a ride through penalty.But maybe there was something else, that we didn't see.

Edit: seeing the above comment that his license got yanked for that...I'd have to believe there was definitely more that we didn't see than just that jump start

backbone and 418 like this.
  12. 418

418 Expert #59

Yeah, he jumped a good bit but I've seen worse.

Didn't he ignore the black flag?

There has to be more to this story.

13. noles19

Eric said he did the same thing both races, and yes he also ignored the black flag the entire race.

RRP likes this.
  14. sbk1198

I once jumped the start on purpose at NJMP from the front row by like a good 2 seconds just to see what it feels like to be first into T1 for a change lol....damn kid (Gus Rodio) still beat me to T1 from the 2nd row! :mad:

Glad I didn't lose my license though. I just got a ride through penalty lol

15. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Well, that's going to hurt. Given the likely ratio of rides to riders at the beginning of next season, that's a serious blow. Does MA issue statements on suspensions?

16. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

Mazz did it on both starts, almost ran into the back of Tuna on 18th (or 19th?) grid spot when his bike sputtered from front cyl cutting out and Mazz went into the grass throwing a big wave onto the grid area.
    Yes he ignored the black flag and listening to the race control radio they had called all stations with a black flag to show to 516 after about 2 laps in. It actually kinda sucked because they were having to deal with the black flag status all while having to call all the crashes. They called stations to prepare for a ride-through (certainly for Mazz’s black flag) early on but it was clear it was shifting to a DQ.

I wish I remember who said this but as I was in Parc Ferme someone mentioned the bad jump start to which someone replied “well he was planning on doing that, so...” but that whole day was so crazy I can’t recall who said that or how reliable it was. I didn’t know at the time he jumped the original start also, which makes it look pretty intentional.

jschuster2, E Reed and sbk1198 like this.
  17. noles19

He pretty much said it was intentional on his Instagram, he probably could have got away with it once, but twice while spraying water everywhere like you said, draws a lot of attention.

sbk1198 and Lazy Destroyer like this.
  18. sbk1198

Posting about that and admitting on social media...not very smart lol Do you have a screenshot of his post by chance? I don't do instagram.

19. MyWayGuy

:crackup::crackup::crackup: Serves ya right!!

sbk1198 likes this.
  20. MyWayGuy

Did he get bounced from the series the first around for doing stupid shit too?