1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica 2017 - Silly Season Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Feb 16, 2017.

1. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I was thinking Broaster was still with them through the last couple years. I knew they weren't the title sponsor, but I didn't know they were out.

2. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

Rog & Toni should keep their focus on the Blu Crew for '17. American Honda coming back in is huge in the sense that they, being the 800 lb gorilla in the room, further legitimize MotoA as a viable national race series. The other manufacturers currently on the sidelines will be taking note and re-evaluating their positions. Not to mention that before they checked out after DMG took over, their advertising budget more than likely surpassed the total amount of all of the other OEM's combined.

3. Chip

Chip Registered

WSBK Rules for MA SBK. The only difference is the gear box (and a few insignificant things).....and carbon bodywork has been legal for a few years.

Honda coming back is a major thing. This isn't factory support like the old days, but its a start.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  4. Chip

Chip Registered

Broaster was the title sponsor for Roadrace Factory last year...

5. Chip

Chip Registered

The Yosh bikes are going to be as close to a real "factory" Superbike as anything we have seen in years. The Yosh boys spent a few weeks in Japan building the bikes and then tested them in Malaysia with their BSB counter parts. Not quite the old days of factory "bikes in a box" but still better than having the engineer everything here in US.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  6. motodog650

For sure, Graves should definitely have a fight on their hands this year...

7. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Let's hope.

drop likes this.
  8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

For the teams that can afford them I wonder if Ohlins FGR's will be the forks of choice or if anyone will be running outside that golden box?

:oops:

Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 9.33.55 PM.png

tecknojoe and roy826ex like this.
  9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I heard that Dave Anthony will be running a SBK Kawasaki ZX10 this coming season, on his ADR, Aussie Dave Racing team.

motodog650 likes this.
  10. Chip

Chip Registered

[​IMG]

throwdown, drop and wsmc42 like this.
  11. Boman Forklift

I saw those bad boy's on Dave Anthony's ZX10.

Chip likes this.
  12. jeremy dunn

jeremy dunn Well-Known Member

They said in the live thing on FB that it was still a street bike but they just wanted to have something for the release to show the public what the race version would look like. My guess is that's a carbon fiber wrap on the stock bodywork.

13. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 1

John29 likes this.
  14. caferace

caferace No.

Given it's got turn signal mounts, I'd say you were right.

-jim

15. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

Hopefully this will help MA grow. Field seems kind of lite. Are there any teams missing?

16. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

HSBK posted those Ktech forks on their Instagram.

17. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Five. Four announced and another one being announced soon.

18. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

That's a lot of crew and EZ-ups.

Shenanigans and Boman Forklift like this.
  19. Boman Forklift

Sounds like you've found a good bit of sponsorship this season!! I'm happy to see that. :beer:

Also good to see Honda coming back with Road Race Factory, plus Graves Yamaha and Yoshimura Suzuki are still involved, things are looking up!!!

Woooo HOOOO!!!!

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  20. motodog650

Last night I spoke to somebody with MotoA that said another big announcement would be coming up soon.