1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moriwaki VS Aprilia 125 ...which is better?

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by infinityreplica, Jan 14, 2009.

1. dan#55

dan#55 Member

WOW, you guys really do want to shoot me in the back, all i have simply done is some maths from data that has been aquired, and i stated a track race would verify any results. Seems like i cant express my own opinion.

Funny thing what you say about experiance. Theres alot you dont know about myself, ive worked for a a couple of the biggest bike manufacturers and tested and written engineers reports on some of the top road and race bikes out there. Doing these i cannot have a biased opinion like some press reports you read when they test particualar hopped up new model street bikes.

Now before anyone says im not knocking ANYONE or ANY RACE SERIES, im a fully qualified engineer and i work with numbers from gathered data, thats all i have done here.

I have time for genuine discussions but this one isnt going anywhere and i have some better things to do than Bitch around like a bunch of school kids.

Thanks

Dan

2. Gerloff310

Gerloff310 G-man

Correct me if I'm wrong..........who started the post and then who chimed in? Your "dynamic duo" routine trying to get your series going and running down others is getting really old. Intelligent people know when to stop pushing and go away quietly :up:

Does everything you guys do backfire on you??

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  3. dan#55

dan#55 Member

Sorry how have i run others down....?

4. EMathy

EMathy Dreaming of a *****...

Chill! :D

The Aprilia, even with some engine work, de-restricted, pipe, etc... is still a warmed over streetbike. It's still got the limitations of chassis, suspension and the rest. They are really, really neat little bikes. I actually like the look of them alot and wouldn't mind trying one out. :)

The Moriwaki, even sporting the little CRF250 engine, is a full bore, designed only for racing machine. There are few, if any, real compromises. It's lap times in the hands of a skilled rider have been competitive in the 125GP USGPRU class against consumer spec 125GP racing machines. Not 125 replica street bikes.

So when someone like JU, who has raced 125GP machines, says the Moriwaki is a faster machine than the Aprilia 125 GP street replica on the track? It just adds weight to the above. The guy doesn't speak unless he's sure about what he's talking about.

Me? I'd love to see a whole flock of both running in Clubman along with the gaggle of EX250's, some 450 Singles and the odd SV500! Now THAT would be fun to watch! :up: :clap:

5. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

Im enjoying the comparisons. its much more fun for me any to see different types of bikes on the track with different strenghts etc. i race two-strokes so i really like info on anything thats keeps on the track.

6. throttle

throttle Well-Known Member

Everything, they were not ran on the same dyno at the same day or the same location? Dyno's are not very good for comparing unless the testing is ran the same way. Ever take a bike to the dyno and do a run, then put 4PSI in the tire and run again?

7. infinityreplica

infinityreplica Well-Known Member

Eric, your right, differenct Dyno.,different days different locations.........different results.

But what about this? Wouldnt an average of dyno runs show the "ball park" figure?

Thats what Dan has done above.

None the less.........will someone please show a dyno run of the Moriwaki?

Seems there must be one floating around from this year, somewhere?

8. bobby lewis

bobby lewis Well-Known Member

dyno runs

i do not have any sheets but the stock ones run right at 28hp. it might have varied a half a horse in different locations but that is what they put out. bobby l

9. sanfret

sanfret Almost as fast as my kid

How about this.. bring the Aprilia, and see how is stacks up against the RSF150R at The Streets of Willow.

[​IMG]

10. EMathy

I'd love to see the RS150R, the Moriwaki 250, a RS/TZ125 and an Aprilia RS125 Cup bike (in cup spec, per the rules) on a race track in a shoot out.

The dyno runs are nice, but they don't show the full picture of what goes fastest around the track. :)

11. sanfret

The Moriwaki, and RS125 stumps on the RSF150R on the straights, in the corner it is great. The 150 has good jump off the corner though.

12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Is the 2nd radiator also for water, or is that the oil cooler? If it is for water, did you ever try it with only the top one?

13. racerx13

racerx13 Well-Known Member

This is off topic but.....

Nice stable :up:

14. sanfret

Both water, previous versions of Aaron's conversions had one, and had issues overheating.

15. Bryan_A

Bryan_A Well-Known Member

The MD250H and Aprilia RS125 are not comparable bikes IMHO.
    My son test rode the Aprilia RS125 at a track a few months ago and was a few seconds slower than his RS85 times. Though he has not ridden a MD250H he did ride a '94 Honda RS125 on the same track and was a good 7 seconds faster than his best RS85 time.

AF1 Racing got the Aprilia RS125 in CMRA's Formula 4 mini class but not before a few riders test rode the bike at TWS. The riders were turning similar times as the Formula 4 bikes (RS85s) so the Aprilia was allowed in. The Aprilia is a nice bike but I think it ranks more with a heavy mini like the RS85 not the MD250H.

16. Gerloff310

Gerloff310 G-man

That example is real world experience and it means nothing without a dyno! :crackup:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  17. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

The bikes have run together. TWS track day in October before the CMRA weekend.

Moriwaki time: 2:05.2
    Ape time: 2:11.4

I know it was the same rider too because that rider was me.

There is a reason we put it in the mini class and as the VP of the club, I did extensive research because I did not want that Ape beating my RS85.

There is no comparison. I will go so far to say that I dont expect to get beat by a single Ape on my RS85 and certainly not my Honda RS125.

18. EMathy

Pure curiosity: What was the biggest difference? Was it the motor? Chassis? Suspension? All of the above?

19. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

grunt coming out of the corners and top speed. The Ape would just run out of juice where the Mori kept pulling. That and the Mori handled much better.

Now, keep in mind the Mori had been prepped for Jake Lewis and the Ape was fresh from AF1 in full street trim.

20. bobby lewis

bobby lewis Well-Known Member

moriwaki

chris thats the first jake lewis heard about this. bobby l