1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moriwaki VS Aprilia 125 ...which is better?

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by infinityreplica, Jan 14, 2009.

1. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Not sure used vs. new is a fair comparison, but whatever works. The good thing is, if everybody in the race is on a dog-slow Aprilia streetbike, it won't matter that they're, well, dog slow.

2. EMathy

EMathy Dreaming of a *****...

:crackup:

Will the horn be part of the series race spec? Or can it be modified to play special music per the preferences of the rider? Hmmmm....

3. infinityreplica

infinityreplica Well-Known Member

ALL horns will be required to play...."god save the queen"......technical inspections that reveal otherwise will prevent the rider from entering the next class until he changes his leathers to Mary Kay pink.

CHEAP is the key word of the series, it was brought out partly due to the economic down turn that all the economy is feeling. It also allows the rider ( and parents) to experience competitive racing with many others.....and isn't having a competitive series on Spec classes what develops racers?:up:

Hasnt that always been your biggest push JU? Seems to me you have always been the biggest protagonist for spec classes?:Poke:

This one should meet your needs even if its "dog slow", (which its not).:tut:

Question I have is, how many of you here have actually watched a race on these bikes?:p

since there is currently a ban on video links, I cant post them.

But go to you tube and search Aprilia Superteens 2008 Snetterton. That will pull both videos up of the race (2 parts), to the top of the list

Great racing of 42 "dog slow" bikes. This video shows exactly how the bikes will be kitted for the series here.

BTW:
    Tim Hasting did a :49.3 at Brands Hatch on a 52bhp fully kitted RS125( we know the rider and bike, KRP) Timmy was seoncd in the BSB his first year out, and he qulaified for Spainish CEV rounds, so he can ride.
    Stephanie Waddelow did a :56.129 on a "kitted" Aprilia street bike making 33bhp. Stepahnie is in her first year of the superteens, and she holds that track record at Brands.

A difference of 6.8 seconds.

DOG slow for sure........but cheap as all get out!

These times were done this year.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  4. John29

So, your series is running "kitted" Aprilia 125s?

No?

If the purpose is cheap racing, with identical bikes, then why bring up kitted versions of the bikes?

The bike you're racing is dog slow. Trying to promote your series by comparing it to RS125 Hondas and MD250H Moriwakis is either a case of ignorance (which I doubt) or just plain deceptive.

The funniest thing is, your cutting-and-pasting an article off the USGPRU site. Weren't you gonna run them out of business with your all-125 professional-with-spectators-series a few years ago? How did that turn out?

5. Gerloff310

Gerloff310 G-man

The solution has already been mentioned. Open up your series and that big contingency you keep promising to the Moriwaki and let's go racing. "Put your money where your mouth is"...........damn, how fitting was that statement.

6. John29

What contingency?

7. Gerloff310

Gerloff310 G-man

Exactly!!!

8. infinityreplica

LOL.....you girls are too funny...........

John
    kitted is in quotations.......implying that the "kit" is something anyone can afford.........a "kitted" bike consist of a $150 pipe and a $25 mod to the CDI.......that and running VP race fuel gives you a bike making 33bhp.( a little editorial sarcasm, your familiar with that right?)

Mark?..........oh never mind, I wont even bother trying.....

Show some facts that support the Morwaki is such a better bike then the Aprilia as asked..........or not.

9. throttle

throttle Well-Known Member

$10,000 up for grabs at each round. thats one thing making it better. And they know they will get a check made of paper. Not to mention if they bust up the honda body they will be able to get it without have to hassle the supplier.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  10. infinityreplica

Right.......provided there are 35+ on the grid........

Seems no one wants to mention the sliding scale payout.......

But its in they rule book with WERA and also listed by Honda.....dont take my word for it. In fact the 'other' guys could be busted legally for "false" and misleading advertising.........since they only seem to show the MAX payout.......and not the actual scale.

Oh....lets not forget about the 30% increase in Japan import price due to the Yen fluctuation right now.....lets see that puts a Moriwaki at about.....how much??? $15.0000 +/-

11. John29

Moriwaki Series = runs with USGPRU and WERA, backed by Honda, proven record of paying big posted contingency.

Your series = backed by you.

12. infinityreplica

Proven record of paying contigency......only difference here lads.....is were NOT offering contingency!!!!! LOL.......

Just CHEAP competitive racing..........comon John, give it up......or maybe I will go start my on online magazine and report that facts....just the facts.

13. John29

Bring it on.

14. throttle

throttle Well-Known Member

Did Ryan Clay ever get paid for winning the 'infinity 125gp' race at Daytona in 05?

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, already got that handled thanks.

So where is this imaginary series going to run? Your backyard?

16. Gerloff310

Gerloff310 G-man

Last year the payout was paid no matter how many bikes were on the grid. The sliding scale payout started this year because of the economic situation. I'm sure you haven't noticed any other companies besides Honda triming and modifying a few things?

The Facts for this year are: Minimum of 5 bikes on the grid for for the lowest payout and 10 bikes for max payout.

Where did you get +35 bikes on the grid...........voices in your head???

Mongo - Did you get my second email yesterday?

17. edehaven

edehaven Eric DeHaven SoCalRaceDad

I have been reading this thread for some time. And though I dont want to ruffle feathers I do have some small amount of input.

This last weekend in Vegas was a good example of what a Moriwaki can do.
    When Austin's RS125 blew up big, Phil Hartl loaned Austin his sons Moriwaki to ride in the F2 class at vegas.
    Let me be clear, Austin has NEVER riden a Moriwaki, never riden a 4stroke powered RS type bike (like a 150R or whatnot). So his experience is on the 2strokes. He had not practiced or tested the bike, just jumped on and raced.

He had to start from pit lane so unfortunatly he was not able to run with the group as the Vegas pit lane is VERY long.
    But his lap times were what I think are telling. he was able to run 1:26's and after coming in said he never got out of 4th gear and the front end was pushing out on corner exit badly as the bike was not setup for him. The leaders in the same race were running in the high 24's to mid 25's and that includes Pete Lenz, Benny Solis, Ryan Matter, Benny Taylor, etc.. So these are fully kitted out RS125's with very good riders.
    I would be curious to see that Aprilia run similar times?
    As a previous owner of a Aprilia RS125 street bike, I have some experience with them (I owned a 2000 model). Although I loved that bike dearly its was not even close to the Honda RS125s I own now.

That being said. I was very impressed with the Moriwaki, it was a good stable platform and not that far off the mark in terms of competitiveness considering its weight and motor. But the real point I think is that neither the Moriwaki or the Aprilia are going to compete head to head with a real 125, nor will they be competitive with each other. The Aprilia is much closer in spec to the metrakit GP125. The Moriwaki seems to be in a class of its own somewhere in the middle.

When trying to promote a class I would as a consumer and father of a rider prefer to hear how the class itself will be run, how the spec will be controled and what it can teach my rider, and how it translates to the next step of racing in that riders career moving foward. The compairisons back and forth to the other machines just dont seem relivant.

Just my 2c, nothing more.
    Eric

18. infinityreplica

Nuff said.

JU and I just had a nice conversation on the phone.

As he stated" we will just chalk this all up to a misunderstanding".

JU, thanks again for the dialogue, and we will let you know when were ready for your rider to come test the bike next month for a review in RRW.

19. EMathy

EMathy Dreaming of a *****...

Nope! Not 'nuff said. :Poke:

That's a good question, right there. :D

20. infinityreplica

Erik,

Since your obviously such good friends that you have to look out for him......

ask him.:)

Frank