1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MM's win pending crank inspection

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by BC, Aug 17, 2008.

1. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Yosh got caught cheating

Yosh filed an appeal

AMA asked for proof that is was a production crank

Yosh provided information that it wasn't performance enhancing (ignoring the AMA request)

AMA denies appeal because Yosh didn't provide the information asked for

End of story, Congrats Spies, here is a Kleenex you whiny bitches

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sorry to all of you but unless YOU have seen the crank you are going off of press releases and none of them from either side prove a damn thing one way or the other. Going all the way through the appeals process would have taken care of proving one way or another beyond any doubt. But that didn't happen so there will now always be doubt.

3. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

I am pretty sure crank with no bearing stamps has never seen production line.
    I never seen one in bike either.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Again - YOU have NOT seen the crank in question. That's all there is to it. No one has seen it other than some AMA staff and you have a choice to either trust they know what they are talking about or not since the appeals process got shut down right off the bat.

But to state all of this as fact when no one on here knows is getting really silly.

I'll also ban the next dumbass to use a huge font size, that shit is annoying to read.

5. TWF2

I don't think I mentioned word fact anywhere :)

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And I wasn't speaking about only you in that line ;)

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Ruh Roh.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

9. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

No I'm going off the many cranks I've seen and the picture in Road racing worlds page of Road A teardowns. I don't need to read a press release to see with my own eyes that the crank on that table during the tear down process isn't a production crank. with out reading the crank report and the abbridged version of suzuki's appeal. i can see #3 cast into the crank, which i've never seen, never seen a gsxr crank with out chamfering, then to hear, well the polishing of the bearing surface smothes down the surface or some crap like that, if that's the case the bearing wouldn't measure in the middle of the od spec tolerances. ie: 34.984 – 34.992 mm (1.3773 – 1.3776 in) the chamfering of the journals is about 1mm-1.5mm maybe more, never had the need to meaure it until now just for giggles. I mean make up your mind will the thing need special bearings or will the oem's work, you can't have both if you're removing that much material off the journals. Suzuki only list 3 Od sizes at the mains for their production cranks and the difference between high and low is 0.008 so again where did the crank come, from because that blicky isn't in any one that i've seen.

And Mongo why get upset because people post huge fonts and argue this, isn't this what's done on here every day.
    why go through a appeals process when you know your caught, it's like your kid coming home and handing you the report card that says he got all a's when you've talked to all his teachers and they've told you he got F's. why even listen.

If yosh had of produced a bike and torn it down at ama Hq things may have turned of different, on the real i could give a rats ass what the speculation is, end result is spies won the title and if he gets 2nd at laguna it's a moot point anyhow.

But that crank aint a PRODUCTION Piece.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  10. Handicapped Racer

One question I do have is, if they Dq'd Matt and Tommy from Qualifying, where did they get new homologated Ama approved cranks from?

11. TWF2

Spies crew was selling them on back door :D

12. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

You callin' Papa a liar? :D

13. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

The Suzuki shop 3 miles down the road just off 85

14. Handicapped Racer

i know the shop down the street! so they had cranks overnighted for sat delivery.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Where did he say he knew it was illegal?

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Why would they have gotten new ones to homologate?

17. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

nah just buy 2 street bikes and tear them down

18. Handicapped Racer

now were even punk, what i meant was, they Dq'd hayden and mladin because they had the "ama deemed illegal crank shafts" so where did they get the crankshafts from that they re-qualified on and raced with on Sunday. Homologated meaning "ama approved"

Someone said from the dealer down the street. So question answered, but man that brings a whole other slew of questions out. lmao! If it was the case they got 2 bikes from the dealer, that's sweet as hell. To have the ability to just go yank to bikes from a a dealer to tear down for a crank shafts, does yosh have that kind of cash floating around in the rig?:crackup:

pay attention boys and girls it gets tricky from here on out.

19. davegsxrold929r

davegsxrold929r Well-Known Member

I have no doubt they have that kinda money around and that kinda pull........ are you kidding..

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They didn't get bikes or parts from the dealership. I'm sure they grabbed either parts or other motors from the truck.