1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MM's win pending crank inspection

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by BC, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Strick

Strick Good to be king

I agree. I would think the other teams have somewhat of a right to know. I also think total transparency so everybody including the fans know what is going on. Keeping under cover breeds rumor, and leaves people to wonder why they won't release the info.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It doesn't matter though. List the specifics and people will still think it's not everything or say that it's a lie or whatever, there's no real good reason to release any details other than you being nosy :D

3. Hordboy

Hordboy B Squad Leader

You're right about that, Joe.

Primary gear machined differently?

Am I still allowed to guess? Not allowing guesswork and conjecture on the WERA BBS would kill it dead. ;)

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

A right to know what? Which things they're doing that they might get caught on? :)

They know what they need to - it's illegal. End of story. Keep legal parts in your bike and no worries.

5. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

On the other hand it just gives ideas on where to cheat next...(or find the next "grey" area in the rule book)

6. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

It would add some credibility to the report, I am far from the only one who wants to know....Everyone does...well except you...and you only care whats for dinner...:)

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh I want to know too - but I realize that it's because I'm nosy and me knowing would change absolutely nothing in my life.

8. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

OK so what is the reason they don't list it...?? :) (Cuz some Nimrod, said not to)

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Honestly, dunno. I don't release info either because it's no ones business but mine and the team/rider in question. I also agree with Joe to an extent about not wanting people to know specifics of what we can find or what we're looking for.

10. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

LOL.....ok, I am going back to the SV, it is close..

Sorry Mat, run it thru the Appeals Process mate...:up:

11. IMO...as part of the punishment...Teams should have to announce that they did cheat, and for doing X to the bike we were DQ'd.

If they wanna cheat like a baby...then why not be treated like one!:up::D

12. caferace

caferace No.

From a great distance.

-jim

13. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

The natural reaction to a lack of information in such a circumstance is speculation that there is a specific reason that the information isn't being provided. In turn, what was probably no big deal had it been known, becomes a big deal, for fan and co-competitor alike.

Also, what is the point of not providing the information? There is no good reason not to release the details.

I say full disclosure is the way to go.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Same argument in reverse - there is no good reason to release it and I can think of a couple I've already posted that are reasons not to release the info.

15. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

Do you have some limit of parts you can inspect when you do a tear down?

I mean come on........if they are all 3 yosh bikes and you find one that you think is suspect.......wouldn't you check that in all 3?

16. kneedragger29

kneedragger29 Well-Known Member

I wasn't asking you neccesarily to make you do any work or find it as proof for me, rather, i wanted to read where they said 3 bikes were torn down (which i now understand with the help of KWS), but only Mats crank went to the AMA, as it WOULD make a difference as to why only Mats crank was found to be in violation.

I've built AMA superbikes that i have had to tear down for the AMA on Sunday afternoon & then re-assembled them later that same day & took them home, so i do know why you get your parts back as well as why you wouldn't.
    Only suspicion of a violation would cause said crank(s) to go to to AMA HQ. The fact that Ben was not DQ's begs the question:
    Was Bens crank suspect, sent to AMA HQ & found to be clean? Or was it not sent at all?

17. caferace

caferace No.

I don't think Mongo is going to tell you.

Try here: [email protected] :D

-jim

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bens was not sent to OH. However, no one here knows if it was looked at as part of the inspection of his motor. My educated guess is it was and didn't have whatever Mladins did that made them suspect something.

19. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

So Joe Gibbs team just "Cheated"....no specifics..."Interfered with the performance of the car".

No magnets under the pedel...:)

20. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Italian Slipper Crank.