1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Milennials are killing HD

Discussion in 'General' started by L8 Braker, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

2. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Clearly you didn't see the irony in this portion of your post but, did anyone else? I hate a F'in hypocrite

But I'll say for fact that the first part of that statement is pure horseshit. Fit and finish on a MC that has no tight body lines is impossible to quantify. Everything on a damn HD has to be rubber mounted to take the vibrations so I call BS on your assertions.

And if you ride your HD every day then you work on it every night. I'm about to buy my dad a similarly styled alternative because his breaks down every damn time he rides and I just want him to enjoy riding. You want to buy his lightly ridden sportster that doesn't run for shit but has the best fit, finish and aesthetics. Seems right up your alley.

Edit: I just read Pants post and say, exactly.
    Then read Scotts reply where you almost immediately give in to the facts and say, that sure was a quick flip flop. Excusing it because the stock stuff doesn't stay on long is BS. Unfortunately for the consumer, if HD designed shit right from the factory, HD wouldn't have all that extra income from aftermarket parts. It's almost like they do it on purpose. Hmmmm

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    solson1041 likes this.
  3. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

4. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Okay Chief. :rolleyes: .

I said flat out that it was subjective, and then gave my opinion. I didn't purport it to be fact. That's not being a hypocrite, so although you hate me now, you may wanna brush up on the 'ol reading comprehension first. Oh, and rubber mounting has absolutely nothing to do with fit and finish, but by all means 'call BS on my assertions' . :crackup:

I ride mine every day it's not pouring rain. I have performed exactly ONE repair in the 5 years I've owned it. About a week after I bought it the shift rod backed out of the lever. That' it. Believe it or not, doesn't matter to me.

I'm sorry you're so grouchy this morning. Maybe you should go ride something.

bleacht likes this.
  5. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

6. No.

They haven't sold any bikes since 2011.

:D

Gino230 and pickled egg like this.
  7. Crybaby™

Again with the irony of calling out my reading comprehension. Go back and read your own post. You stated your opinion as fact THEN said it was subjective and ripped someone for stating opinion as fact.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Will you bitches quit bitching about bitch bikes? :mad:

caferace likes this.
  9. Crybaby™

OK. I'll go ride my VFR which subjectively speaking, has the best fit, finish and asthetics of any road going bike out ther. And inarguably amazing quality and no death wobble

Gorilla George likes this.
  10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

A Honda Davidson? :crackup:

Gorilla George likes this.
  11. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

This.

It kills me that people are pointing at millenials and blaming us. I don't see anything appealing about their current bikes. Maybe the matte color paint, and how they paint the engine cases black, that's it. Everything else just looks like a 40 year old underperforming heavy pile to me. I really don't like tear drop shaped tanks, or their front fairing, or belt drive, or the totally dull old-school round headlight. Their ad says "Less than 5 bucks a day". I think that will appeal to millennials well, so well done on that.

[​IMG]

Now I go to scrambler's website. I use that because that bike has been killing it with millennials lately, and it's the closest thing to a street rod that I can think of in a modern form. If I were into that cafe racer type look, I see so much more in a scramblr. Look at that desert sled. I could rip that thing anywhere. They put a cool cage over the headlight, and it looks a lot less bulky than a harley. I have 6 different styles, and multiple colors to choose from. I can get a Brembo radial master with floating rotor, chain driven, termis, a cooler looking swingarm than 2 parallel square bars. There's no reason a modern motorcycle can't use current parts and build techniques.

[​IMG]

Millennials are still young, we're interested in ripping around, not cruising on a big turd. Make a flat tracker with a headlight and front brake. Show the guy doing cool shit on it. Harley's latest commercial has someone sorta weaving between a couple cars.... while using the correct turn signals. Come on man. Take a queue from KTM. Kiska design makes a $9,000 bike look like a ferrari, and still has sick components that perform very well. Then they make cool youtube videos that set the internet on fire. Even if I'm a beginner, I see this video and I want to be that guy. No turn signals required. Or you can keep pointing the finger at millennials and tell us we're wrong as the ship sinks, and wonder why Ducati and KTM are still afloat.

Hordboy, BigBird, sdiver and 2 others like this.
  12. Scotty87

Are you really this dense? Read what you quoted. I said that HD had the best fit and finish, and the very fucking next words were that it was all subjective. Do I have to say 'in my opinion' in front of all this for you to understand?

JFC. Trying super hard to find something to get your panties all bunched up over nothing.

And for the record, my main beef with Joe's post was the divisiveness of it all. Joe seems cool to me, was surprised to hear all the hate. Had very little to do with 'opinions as fact' . but keep holding onto that.

13. Shit. Now I want a Scrambler.

BigBird and pscook like this.
  14. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

No shit. I'm digging that Cafe Racer.

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Shocked! Shocked I say! :Poke: :D

16. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

I just didn't like the article pointing at millennials and thought I'd rip into why I don't like harley. To each his own. I'm actually thinking about scheduling a test ride and just giving it a non biased look to see what happens when a 31 year old goes into that place. I'll leave my bias at the door. I'm kind of curious of how they're going to try to appeal to someone like me.

:crackup:

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Odd, I know plenty of HD riders on stock bikes that never have to do more than oil changes and tires. For hundreds of thousands of miles.

I can't remember if Kith got a quarter of a million on his Sportster or if it was even more.

18. Scotty87

I get it. I thought it probably had something to do with something like that. For the record, an analyst said that, not someone at HD, so your fire may be a little misplaced.

For fun, google millenials killing and wait for the auto fill. Damn, y'all killing everything from Applebee's to Home Depot!

19. The way I see it, that analyst has it backwards.

It is every company's job to make things people will like, so they will want to buy it. If HD's aren't selling to a certain demographic, that isn't the fault of the demographic...it is HD's fault for not appealing to them.

In other words, millennials aren't killing HD. If millennials aren't buying Harely's, then that is Harley's problem for not making something they want to buy.

If something (anything) isn't selling, you cant blame it on the people who aren't buying it. You have to blame it on the company for not making something they want to buy.

Gino230 likes this.