1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Make America Great Again!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Spang308, Mar 6, 2020.

1. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I don't remember. That is why I put it as a question. I just remember that there was some sort of controversy regarding funding and sponsors and finishing the season when they were running Hondas and trying to compete with Ten Kate.
    Don't you remember that stuff?

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't, that's why I asked.

Sponsors is Dave K's area. I like the racing. :D

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You'd be truly amazed at the stupid shit that happens at all of the world level stuff with teams from the teams themselves to the factories and so on. They do truly stupid shit and get mad when the results aren't there. I know for a fact that some will not accommodate their riders in any way.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They were able to change things on his bike and having House there helped him mentally as well as with setup. His issues were best I could tell some mistakes on the wrenches part (wrench left on bike on grid, shock collapsing, etc...) but not the team putting constraints on him.

Quicktoy likes this.
  5. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

I hear ya. Never having ridden on the world level, much less been given a ride at the world level (or any level for that matter), I am loathe to say much more than I have. I also understand a rider wanting to make substantive geometry and tuning changes as opposed to simple ergonomic adjustments which seem fundamental and are easily and quickly made. I'll leave it at that.

Cheers,

Dave

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Shooting the shit with a crew chief from a very successful AMA team I remember him saying "It's the rider's job to make the bike turn." (No it wasn't JU, but he'd probably agree.)