1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Make America Great Again!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Spang308, Mar 6, 2020.

1. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

He definitely did in fact that was one of the highlights was that he was getting so much positive attention from it. Maybe the poster above was not watching the motogp.com feed?

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Banditracer likes this.
  3. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

I was watching the MotoGP feed. I'd have to go back and rewatch to recall the specific comments. They certainly showed him love for his qatar performance, but it didn't seem like they gave him any season long chances of being there consistently. Maybe I mis-interpreted something. Carry on.

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Put yourself in time out for 20 minutes.

Quicktoy and JJJerry like this.
  5. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

In regards to Herrin, I spoke to the team manager at the time, Johan Stigefelt (current Petronas team manager), and according to him the major reason for Herrin's failure was due to his off the track preparation and how he approached the whole thing, and not so much what he did or didn’t do on the race weekends. So maybe the team saw something they knew they couldn’t change and decided to can him?

khill likes this.
  6. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Not sure I follow you? What he didn't eat, shyt & breath racing?

7. dieterly

That’s what he told me and he was referring to what was going on between the race weekends, however I didn’t ask for any details.

speedluvn likes this.
  8. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Pussy make a man crazy. :D

track wagon likes this.
  9. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

So that excuses not being willing to make the most common of adjustments? Handlebar and footpeg position? GTFOH. They didn't can him, they folded. If it was so bad they should have fired him in the season, instead of wasting their time. Still not believing this line of covering-the-ass bullshit.

10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Well, something happened. The team didn't like him for whatever reason and decided to stonewall him. They probably had sponsor contracts that forced them to give him a bike each round. Just guessing.

11. dieterly

I’m not sure what you are talking about since Herrin was let go of a few races after Indy but the team continued until Valencia, if my memory is correct...

The Great One likes this.
  12. dieterly

Actually his girlfriend was mentioned in the conversation...

13. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

COTA T1 is my only memory of him that season. Not his best day regardless of the bike.

14. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Isn't Johann Stigefelt a well known liar POS? I seem to remember some issues with him as a manager in WSBK?

15. Repeater

Repeater USCGRR

I didn’t really follow Moto 2 closely last year. Really didn’t pay attention. I’m all In This year!

Congrats and it’s nice to see hoppers grill out there smiling!

16. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

They parted ways with Herrin and had a replacement rider finish the remaining races of the season on that bike.

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

18. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Handlebar and footpeg adjustments????????????????????

Walk over to the toolbox, get the wrenches out and DIY. It ain't brain surgery. If someone tries to interfere, I'm sure there is a big screwdriver or hammer in the box . . . .

Cheers,

Dave

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What kind of issues?

20. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Not always an option, I know a guy who was told to "Ride it as it is, it worked fine for our last rider"...