1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lwt grid....???

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by ghetto customs, Dec 29, 2009.

1. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Which round?
    How come on 1st gen?

2. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

are you qualified to ride a lwt bike? send me a resume. ;)

3. ghetto customs

I already gave my resume to Ricky... Hes gonna let me ride his bike to race sprints with ya next year... Punk ASS!!!!!

4. lance89

lance89 Well-Known Member

We are going to be based out of my place in PA. I don't think I'm going to have the budget to travel that much. If I had the money I would love to do the whole series except Miller. No money no race. Lance

5. ghetto customs

Understand that!!
    Its the main reason I was askin... just to see if we all can fill the grid to be able to have payouts....

6. chinto

chinto Active Member

really not sure yet which round if any. Last year was my first year as a racer. I raced in the SOAR series in Ontario (www.soaracing.ca). The series had a 2 race endurance series. Both of which our team won (the GTU class which would be ltwt), to earn our first championship (yeah I know it's only 2 races, but let me have my glory :) ). We ran the first race on my teammates F3, and we ran the second race on my 1st gen SV.

We are hoping to head down to a wera endurance race, but we have not yet picked a round or setup a game plan to get there. Hopefully all of the planets will allign the way we need them to, and we can make it.

As for why we would do it on a 1st gen? Well, quite simply...cause that's what I have :crackup:

7. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

:crackup: I was thinking the same thing, but obviously he wondered if maybe you had made a purposeful decision not to go with a 2nd gen.

8. chinto

chinto Active Member

ha, nope, nothing like that. I picked up a cheap 1st gen from an insurance job a couple of years ago and turned it into a track bike. Right now I am having a blast on it, so I don't feel the need to change/upgrade any time soon. My wife is also running a first gen on the track so it's nice to share a parts bin.

9. ghetto customs

Touche'
    Glory is glory hommie!! As long as your winning!!
    From Ontario.. thats a drive.. Summit Point and Grattan will prolly be close enough for you guys....

10. ghetto customs

I know how some guys steer away from the 2nd gen, but i liked his answer the best!!
    That would sound like a good reason for me too.....:up:

11. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

to my knowledge ricky doesnt have a bike home slice. i still got mine, but doubt i'll ride next year. if i do, it'll only be once or twice all season. i can't stand the thought of roadracing world punking me out again like they did this year......."For the third straight year, motherf#@king chris parrish topped kris wall for the lightweight twins championship". i can hear that shit now. :D

i'm gonna punch dave swarts in the stomach next time i see him. :D

12. chinto

chinto Active Member

grattan is a track that I'd like to ride. I have heard some great things about it. That schedule may work for us too.

13. exracer941

exracer941 Well-Known Member

Allen Applicators will be back at VIR for sure. With a bit more HP this time...:D
    And hopefully some actual practice time for everyone instead of having to swap motors...:down:

14. ghetto customs

LOL hahahahahah... Thats Awsome!!!:D
    I havnt got to read that yet... Birdsong is slackin on the mag!!!!
    Im off to the bike shop now.... i gotta see this!!!!
    Roll that bike out daddy warbucks and lets do the endurace this year!!!!!

15. AFM555

AFM555 The Surf Monkey

We are gonna need more teams at Miller. You east coast guys need to come out!

16. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I just actually took the time to figure out where all the endurance races are at:
    2 in GA, 2 in AL, 2 in VA, one in MI, and one in UT. Sounds like if you lives in Gawja, like maybe somewheres near Canton, you are pretty central to six of eight. Hmmmmm. I'd move, but all you right-coasters freak me right out :D
    (see you at Miller)

17. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

A-hey, thar ain't nothing wrong with having six fingers on each hand. Y'enz just don't know how handy that can be when y'enz is pickin' yer nose.

18. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I'm taking a wait and see approach.
    Starting to build my endurance bike for next season,
    got some new sponsors lined up, but with no WERA contengency:
    Unless I know there are going to be 5 bikes entered, I might have to sit out
    another season.

19. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

If my SV doesn't sell I'll do Grattan, Barber, and maybe one other.

20. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I may do 2 on my SV. VIR and Barber.