1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lwt grid....???

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by ghetto customs, Dec 29, 2009.

1. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

On the V7 stuff, I agree with Sean. It's LWT's.
    On checking for rule infraction, Ducati does not pay contengency correct?
    There would not be much sense in running the risk of getting caught cheating,
    for such a small reward.
    In Moto-Gt, there was a 10hp difference, you could see that down the straights.
    If you build a LW bike properly, you should be in the 80 to 85 hp range.
    The SV and 650R are both lighter than the Duc.
    So you're looking at the Duc having 5 more hp, and being at least 10lbs
    heavier.
    That said, if you see the Duc killing the other LW bikes down the straight,
    you know somethings up.

2. AFM555

AFM555 The Surf Monkey

Will they be blowin' by SB sv's? I gotz to get my sv on the dyno:) It would be cool to see some PS1000LE out there.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  3. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I could not say. I know in Moto-Gt, they were about a second faster a lap.
    But again, that was their rules, which was total bullshit.

4. lance89

lance89 Well-Known Member

Chris, I was just saying. I didn't mean that post to come across badly. Its all fun. I would just like to see if it would work. We have 1st gen SV's any way, but I have a v7 bike setting here also, and I know of a couple of southern boys that have F3's that are coming out t play. It was more for them than me, and more the marrier. pease out Lance

5. AFM555

AFM555 The Surf Monkey

That wouldn't be so bad. They probably consume more fuel than an sv so that might be an equalizer. Still would nice to have more bikes. I would be down if the rules seem fair enough.:up:

6. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Your good hommie!
    i was kidding too...
    no worries!:up:

7. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

"""" YO GARY !!!!""""
    we got an opening here...
    dont pass up the opportunity to have your wish granted to get more bikes on the grid!!!!!!

8. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

As for V7mw in LW, I'd have a zx7 entered for probably 3 rounds if allowed. A couple of us are putting together a team this year and are planning to run my SS fzr 400, but I know we'll get murdered. Just wanted to feel it out and get our feet wet this year before we dive in deep next year with a competitive bike. But, I can easily pickup the zx7 and run it this year if it's allowed in.

I vote yea for V7 in LW endurance!

Kevin

9. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

1} I do not need to get kicked in the balls any more than I already have.
    2} We do not need any more rolling chicanes to get by :p

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

A ZX7 will never happen in LW sorry.

11. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Amen to that!

12. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Mongo, my mistake, I meant zx6r, not zx7! Yeah that wouldn't be very fair!

It'a actually gpracer15's '95 zx6r that's he's selling. I'm thinking of picking it up for v7 and it would be a bonus if we could also run it in Lwt endurance.

Having second thoughts on running the fzr in lwt, but we are definitely trying to go endurance this year, so if legal the kawi would be ideal for us.

Kevin

13. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I remember looking at that bike- I suppose it would be "fair" to run it against an SV that was a full blown SB. Against my 75 HP "average" SV, not so much...

14. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Ah screw it, I'll just safety-wire my Mille and run it in HWT.

Now THAT, would be ugly!

Kevin

15. lance89

lance89 Well-Known Member

Mongo, tell you what if you let the ss v7mw bike with quick change and a single dry break in I will do my best to do every round but Miller. It shouldn't be any harder to add this bike as it would be to add the ducati, because they basicly would have the same rules for both bikes. its no big deal either way. if you say no you say no. its cool. thanks Lance

16. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Sean you know I had to put in on this being we ran a few rounds on the f3 last year. Even got 4th in class at RRR first round. With the new rules for the v7 class would it put the old f3 in the lwt? I would definatly run more if I was in a more competative class.

17. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

My f3 doesnt have any more rwhp than your sv. Stock f3 motor runs about 70 to 75 horses. Maybe alittle more with pipe and carb work. I have heard that some in sb form are getting alot more horsepower and can see the speed diffences. But my budget is on a safe bike that I can ride alot. Plus we got our asses handed to us by alot of you lwt teams last year. And we were running some decent times at a fast track like RRR and was being pulled down the straight. I think alot more of Lance and I's Vintage brotheren would run endurance if we were set with a more competative class. Either way Im coming out again. Was great fun racing with you endurance guys and it really helps erace the rust of sitting for a while not racing at all.

18. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I'm not sure what a SS F3 puts out but it has to be more than 70-75hp. I've seen a KWS built SB F3 with 103hp.

19. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Guess I should have woke up before I posted. 75 hp stock but I can see a SS F3 with high 80s for hp. An SV with that hp would cost a lot more to build and I wouldn't want to endurance race that motor. I don't think the in-line fours belong in LW endurance.

20. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

:stupid:
    If there are enough V7 guys that want to endurance race, you should get together, and try to get something going on Vintage
    weekends. If that panned out, petition Sean to start a class.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009