1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lwt grid....???

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by ghetto customs, Dec 29, 2009.

1. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Whats the average top speed of a SS F3??

2. lance89

lance89 Well-Known Member

Gary, that would be fine axcept there isn't any time on a normal weekend to fit in even a 2 hr race.
    again my thoughts are if every one is willing to allow a 80-85 hp ducati why not a 80-85 hp F3, zx6, or YZF600.
    a reliable endurance SV superbike can make 80hp.
    if I'm wrong on thinking that a superbike spec SV endurance bike and a super sport F3 is pretty close please correct me. I still think it would come down to the normal things, team work, orginization, consistant lap times.
    There might be better tracks for each bike but thats normal in all types of racing. Thanks guys Lance

3. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

F3s are heavier,forks/triples/frame/swingarms flex waaaaay more,brake calipers aren't as strong,F3s carry the weight a bit higher.Plus it's harder to find a straight frame/swingarm combo these days.

A superbike engined F3 will not last,unless you have a nice stash of those motors for a season.But who's dumb enough to do that?

I've built a SS F3 already and I'm running it in whatever class it's eligible.But,I wouldn't mind running it in LW,just to see where we'd wind up finishing.

Only drawback is that those of us who are using Bridgestone tires must use a rear slick,since B'stone doesn't make a DOT race tire in 160 or 170.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  4. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Many variables nowdays.Most of the V7 guys have an untouched eBay motor,or something outta the local j'yard.We'll find out this year,I have an fresh F3 motor and 3 good riders.

5. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Top speed is not that much of an issue.
    I'm more concerned about lap times.

6. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I've seen a KWS superbike F3 with 103hp last 2 seasons...

7. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

And your point is.......?????

Please re-read my post.

Are you kidding me? You think someone will show up with one of those motors? All the V7 guys TALK about doing endurance,I'm the only one putting it in motion,on a V7 bike,with a stock motor,against the modern 600s.I doubt anyone else will show up on an V7 bike.

8. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

just like everything else with lwt, it will always come down to the riders....and with endurance, pit stops.

9. lance89

kenny, if its allowed I have a F3 that has a stock motor, and a slipon. that I will run, and have a SV as a back up bike. The funny thing is the SV may be a better bike, but I just like the idea of the V7 bikes and I like riding the old things. and I'm sure Dyle bring one out for at least a round or two. so that would be 3 of us.

regularguy, why do you keep bringing up this KWS motored bike for, we're talking super stock motors . you can build a SV to make 100hp to if you like. It wont last either. so whats the point? A good reliable superbike sv motor can make 80hp about the same as a super stock F3. Lance

10. lance89

Mongo, try it a RRR if the V7 bikes seem to much then say no. and want to stress make a decision on the performance of the bikes not the team. Thanks Lance

11. ghetto customs

Now see... i agree with Lance..
    Do it for the first round... simply because RRR is one of the hp tracks....ehh??
    Mongo im in on it but..
    maybe jus for 2010 only... to help the grid and payouts
    honestly...were kinda lookin out for you too, if ya think about it, were recruiting income for the series.....
    this doesnt have to be an all time deal... try it for 2010, and if this helps to bring in more people, then we can go back to total Lwt rules for 2011?????

I agree with:::::

SV's, 650R's, and other equal twins....... (unlimited superbike)
    (only) Duc 1000's, F3's......(100% stock trim, except tank and quick change)

12. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

100 hp F3s are reliable. Rich Conicelli ran the crap out of one for 2 seasons. Anyway, I understand you don't want SB rules so forget about that. My point is a supersport prepped V7 MW bike is going to have a performance advantage. You just can't include the F3(which I believe has more than 80hp in SS trim). You have to include all the V7MW bikes.

I'm all for trying it. But if someone shows up with a true SS prepped 95 ZX6R you'll see a huge top speed advantage.

13. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Well the National champ for v7 and King KJ and I ran my f3 in MWSS last year at RRR and JGP. I crashed at JGP so times cant really be seen to compare or at least not for the whole race. But for RRR you can compare Dyle and Company to the rest of the LWT times and see what you think.

14. chinto

chinto Active Member

It's kind of ironic that the 2 bikes that seem to be discussed the most in this thread are SV's and F3's, since those are the 2 bikes that we used in our endurance venture last year. Both of them with stock motors. I was about 4 seconds faster per lap on the F3, which isn't even my bike, and my seat time is a lot less on that bike. With more seat time on that bike I'm sure the gap would be bigger.

Either way, if we can swing a round, we will likely be bringing both bikes with us anyways, and if given the choice between the 2 bikes, (meaning if for some reason the rules allowed it which it doesn't sound like it will) we would likely run the F3 simply because it gets around quicker than the SV. That being said, I have more fun riding the SV.

15. ghetto customs

Whoa!
    this one is super interesting!....
    4 seconds!?!?
    which track?
    even though i do way better on the sv....
    i never did find 4 seconds on a 09 zx6r.......
    maybe 1 or 2, but atleast the kawi had over 50 horse more.....
    thats one bad ass F3!!!
    can i ride it???

16. RichDesmond

RichDesmond Well-Known Member

I gotta call BS on the "if you let in the bike I want to race then I'll show up" crap. If you really want to race you get a bike that's legal and competitive and you go racing.

17. lance89

here are some lap times to compare.
    RRR
    V7mw 7/26 ltwt endur. rd1
    1st 1:18.7 1st 1:17.6
    2nd 1:20.1 2nd 1:18.0
    3rd 1:20.4 3rd 1:18.8

Summit
    V7mw june7 ltwt endur. july31
    1:24.2 1:20.4
    1:24.4 1:21.6 (all 7 bikes in the class went faster than the V7 bikes)

GNF
    V7mw LTWT endurance
    1:39.4 (superbike) 1:38.9
    1:41.1 1:42.6
    maybe this will help. Lance

18. ghetto customs

I like the way you think... and your right hommie....
    but we are looking for ways to help the racing community here....
    we that race for the money... need more bikes on the track...
    folks that cant afford to go get a "legal" bike....
    jus wanna race......

I honestly think an sv can dominate an F3 or a Duc 1000 through a ""team"" effort......

19. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

You're assuming a bit much.KWS doesn't do carbed bikes anymore.

If so,care to drop those names?

20. chinto

chinto Active Member

Track = Toronto motorsports park. A pretty tight 3.2 km track with no elevation changes. I was running low 1:25's on my SV, and mid to high 1:21's on the F3. In all fairness to the SV though I was coming to terms with the power delivery of a twin, (I had never ridden a twin until picking up this SV) and I was also battling some serious front end suspensions issues (very little fork travel) that ultimately helped contribute to me being left with a broken collarbone. The suspension issues have been resolved, but my collarbone was not well enough for me to ride it again since being fixed, so I'll have to wait until next season. I'm sure the times on the Sv will be greatly improved.

So you figure a stock Sv should be quicker than an F3?