1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lorenzo says Rossi is a copycat

Discussion in 'General' started by L8 Braker, Apr 30, 2018.

1. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

Click HERE for full story.

In his new book, titled What I Learned Before 30, Lorenzo recalls his experiences when he was reunited with Rossi at Yamaha after the latter's dismal two-year stint with Ducati in 2011-12.

Lorenzo, who joined Ducati himself last year, said he felt Yamaha sporting director Massimo Meregalli was transferring information from his side of the garage to Rossi's.

"I decided to talk to Maio [Meregalli]," wrote Lorenzo.

"I could accept that they copied the settings before each race, but that was too much.

"I decided that he stopped attending the technical briefings after qualifying.

"I suspected that Meregalli was passing all the information to Rossi's team.

2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Once a whiney bitch...

3. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

I know right?

Wait you are talking about Rossi right? Lorenzo is just talking the truth. That Rossi guy is full of it and the world, especially any fan of his, needs to be enlightened.

4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Either one. :crackup:

5. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Lorenzo applied for and and then joined Yamaha in 2008...4 years after Rossi joined Yamaha.

Rossi left Yamaha for Ducati...guess who did the same thing???

You guessed it, Lorenzo is so unoriginal...:D!!

Pixelator, XFBO and track wagon like this.
  6. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Don't forget he's also copied Rossi's results at Ducati as well :crackup:

7. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

JLo needs to up his dosage.

XFBO likes this.
  8. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

JLO even used to do the victory celebrations à la Rossi in his young age, so yeah, monkey see, monkey do.

XFBO, Phl218 and motoboy like this.
  9. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Really? I dont remember any victory celebrations .... oh, wait

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Wait...wouldn't it be Yamaha's goal to win the manufacturer's championship. The riders championship would be icing.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and they sucked. The ones he did that were at least mildly amusing really really sucked the third or fourth time he did the exact same thing. Shit, I guess lorenzo even copies lorenzo?

Phl218 likes this.
  12. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Didn't he once jump into a lake/pond/kiddy pool and then later say he almost drowned?

13. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

That sounds like his time at Ducati.

Phl218 and cha0s#242 like this.
  14. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Shit, every rider is doing the leg dangle now a days

turbulence and XFBO like this.
  15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

fixtit4ya

16. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

The only thing Lorenzo really needs to do now is tell Ducati it's him or Dovi :D

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Rumor has it Dovi told Ducati to go shove their initial offer up Domenicali's rear end.

18. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

That would be a bad move on Dovi's part IMO. This is the most competitive he has been since he joined GP in (IIRC) 2007. I'm not saying he should take pennies on the dollar, but he should probably realize he's not going to get better results on any other machine.

19. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I wonder what the next big body movement on bike will be? Riders use to not drag knee,then Roberts introduced that,I believe?
    Wasnt Kenny the first to drag knee,or was it Lawson?
    Then Rossi introduces the "stanky leg".I cant see ever taking a leg off a peg,unless im grass tracking,or high sideing,but Im old like that.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  20. Repo Man 32

Repo Man 32 Lifetime Member

Dovi hasn't won on it has he?? :Poke: