1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lorenzo says Rossi is a copycat

Discussion in 'General' started by L8 Braker, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and they are saying Honder wants Dovi back. I guess they aren't all that pissed at him anymore?

2. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

No kidding? :crackup:

Does Dovi want to play second fiddle to Marquez? Isn't HRC grooming Marquez 2 for repsol as well?

3. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

I know right?

Wait are we talking about Rossi or Pedrosa? Now I'm confused, are JL, Rossi and Pedrosa 3 peas in a pod

JTRC51 likes this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hey man, I don't know. Maybe they just want to buy up all the good toys so no one else can play with them.

and Marquez 2 hasn't been setting the world alight. He'll be moved up at some point but I don't think it'll be to repsol right away.

5. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I don't think that honder was ever upset at Dovi. I think that repsol forced their hand and only wanted dani and marquez on the factory team, so Dovi was the odd man out. He didn't create waves on the team and just went about his business, much as he's doing at Ducati.

6. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Robin Scudder, local historian, bravo sir.

That wiki is a good read. I'd heard of him (Middleton is a fan I believe) but didn't know he was that good.

Lorenzo yea yea yea, bla bla bla.....I wish he would just shut up and ride. He wrote a book????

7. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

The sequel:
    what-i-learned-after-30-dont-go-to-ducati.jpg

Repo Man 32 and MGM like this.
  8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

<Frantically searching 2011-12 MotoGP results.> Can't find a 25-point day anywhere. :D

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:D

busa99 and rd49 like this.
  10. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

If you put all this effort into something constructive ... :crackup:

11. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Don't remember what year, but it was LeMans.

JL wins. Pulls out at La Chapelle. Grabs a handy garden chair and a bucket of pop corn and sits down to watch the action on the big screen.

That one made me larf.

It must have been someone else's suggestion....

12. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Bringing Uccios back to Earth is pretty constructive. :D

Even when they have to occasionally crash land...

[​IMG]

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I know, right? :crackup:

14. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

This pic just screams for a “Caption This” battle ... :crackup:

15. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Found it...

[​IMG]

badmoon692008 likes this.
  16. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Way I recall is that it was Dovi's management who got the contract to guarantee a factory Repsol team seat if he finished in the top 5. Honda didn't think he could, but he did. The contract forced them to form a 3 bike team, even though they planned a 2 bike team that year(2011). Dovi was offered a satellite team deal at the end of the year, despite being 3rd in the championship.