1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looks like more "pesticides"

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Joss, Apr 10, 2003.

1. Joss

Joss F3 Dabbler

FOX News
    Thursday, April 10, 2003

BAGHDAD, Iraq — U.S. Marines may have found weapons-grade plutonium in a massive underground facility discovered beneath Iraq's Al Tuwaitha nuclear complex, an embedded reporter told Fox News Thursday.

The Marine radiation detectors go "off the charts" a few hundred meters outside the nuclear compound, where locals say "missile water" is stored in enormous caverns, reported Prine, who is embedded with the U.S. 1st Marine Division.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,83821,00.html

2. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Unbelievable.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Didn't happen. It's a Fox news and GW plot. Right Chuckie? :D

4. Joss

Joss F3 Dabbler

Uh... thanks for the kudos over there, Paige. Nice of you to say that. (drags big toe through the dirt) :eek:

5. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Well, it's the truth. :D

6. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Paige, I'm sure some people think it's just part of some vast, right-wing conspiracy. :)

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah Paige, and YOU'RE a part of it. Like your plot against Mladin on Sunday. :D

8. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

Now's when it gets scary. All that was thought to be keeping them from having a nuke was plutonium. If they do, what's to say those crazy bastards wouldn't set it off in Baghdad. How could we retaliate and against who. Nasty can of worms here.

9. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

....ya sure its not nuclear waste.... ya know we stock pile the stuff too....

we also used to just bury it in the ground...

why don't we wait until someone tests to exactly what is....

probably winds up being spent fuel rods...

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

From what? the Israelis blew up the Iraqi reactor BEFORE it ever went online.

11. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

If Israel would of known about it they would've bombed Iraq in a heartbeat(just like before). With or without French approval.

12. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Disfunctional minds think alike huh?:D

13. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

No it was planted by Evil Dave K, he had the plutonium hidden in his Ronnie Reagan lunchbox :eek: :D

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If he had plutonium, the world would be a quieter (and more glowing) place. ;)

15. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

Iraq's top nuclear physics said that Iraq's their nuclear program was dead.....he is now in the US... I doubt its plutonium.

you still need alot of material to bring a station on line, so it could be a lot of waste.

16. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Don't worry, France has plenty of equipment they'll sell 'em...again.

17. mad brad

mad brad Guest

denial is not a river in egypt.

18. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Even though its just A "FauxNews-guess" it could pan out to be true. Let's wait to see what is found before jumping to conclusions.

19. Tank Boy

Tank Boy clank clank boom

The Baath regime has shown a rather cavillier attitude about environmental damage. Look what they did to Kuwait and tried to do to their own oil fields...

I can imagine their idea of radiological waste disposal is to lock it in a warehouse or dump it in a swamp.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

oh no no no, they used it to power their X ray machines. No no no, it's used for treatment of cancer. no non o, it can't be used for nuclear weapons, it's near their reactor. it's waste.

Dude, can you name one country that is stupid enough not to off load their nuclear waste onto another country (an thus getting it out of their own) if given the chance? All they had to do is declare it in the last 12 years, and some dumb American would have hauled it away free of charge. Maybe I'm missing something, but if I had a chance to off load 200 tons of dirty baby diapers on you Chuck, I'd be jumping at the chance. Same senario. :D