1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Las Vegas shooting

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Metalhead, Oct 2, 2017.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Quantity matters?

2. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

Yup.

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Hypocrisy matters.
    It's obvious why it wasn't covered, a black racist immigrant doesn't exactly make for good press for the left.
    It doesn't fit the story they want to tell.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

We have somewhat different standards.

5. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

There is zero doubt the Leftstream Media suppressed that story. Did not fit the narrative.

6. SnacktimeKC

Taking race totally out of the equation, killing one person is the exact same as killing nine?

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

If hatred is the motivating factor for killing random individuals, then there is materially no difference to me. Will you serve more time with 9 life without parole sentences than 1? Is 9 the same as 68? Once you cross the line, I don't really care how far you go.

sheepofblue likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, why?

9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

It damn sure matters to victims 2 through 9.

SnacktimeKC likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They're just as dead so it doesn't matter to them a bit - now.

11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

That's even more silly than saying that one pie is the same as 9 pies.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not really. Once I eat them it's all the same to every pie equally. Pie 1 isn't any less in the septic tank than pie 9...

13. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Same goes for entry fees then too, right? Once the check is cashed it doesn't matter if it was $1 or $100...both are in the bank account now, so a check is a check.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You don't get analogies and how they work do you?

Until I can spend dead bodies to buy goods and services they're not even close.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And FWIW - every $100 check is just the same as every other $100 check... Until we and then the banks takes them and agrees there is a value to them they're all just slips of paper and mean nothing in and of themselves.

16. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

You are arguing quantity doesn't matter because you don't see additional "value" in bodies 2-9. That doesn't make it any more true than me claiming no additional value in dollars 2-100.

In your pie response, you claim the total amount of pie to be moot since all pie is now lumped together. I don't care if you're taking a shit or spending money, the quantity that went in impacts the quantity that can come out.

17. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The big difference between the two incidents is that one guy was a better shot than the other.
    They both meant to kill everyone they shot.

18. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

LOL, that's a seriously dangerous way to convince yourself to stop smoking but whatever works. :beer:

19. SnacktimeKC

But the result of that is one died versus nine, hence it wasn’t covered by the media as much. Very little to do with race.

20. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Hmmm. If there's a conspiracy, maybe this is it...
    Dad was a fuckin' sociopath and the kids, being batshit crazy, became a danger to society. Let's work to implement removal of broken people from the gene pool.
    I'm okay with that. In fact, why isn't that already a thing?