1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lacrosse

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Dec 8, 2017.

1. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I am just here to mess up a lacrosse thread with talk of other sports. Turnabout is fair play after all. :D I will start off with a somewhat related topic. Is there an NCAA Championship for lacrosse? If so do they get fancy shoe contracts like Basketball? Speaking of the NCAA playoff, was Ohio State robbed of a spot in the NCAA football playoffs?

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yes. Yes. Ohio State made the championship last year losing to Maryland. They were the surprise of 2017 and beat a lot of teams that no one thought they could.

Ohio's pro team is the 2017 champs.

So, your state sucks in Football but did awesome in lacrosse. :D

3. GOAT in lacrosse is Jim Brown.

joec and 2blueYam like this.
  4. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Yes.
    Yes.
    Iowa by 30?

5. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I know Ohio State doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs. This was put here to derail a lacrosse thread. Looks like it worked. :D

6. dtalbott

Might have worked better pointing out that only Alabama made it while on a losing streak AND finishing no better than THIRD in the SEC.

7. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

Fantastic game. I've been coaching lax for getting close to a decade, my oldest son is an NCAA level player, my youngest is headed there, and I'm pumped that our men's indoor league is starting up soon.

Little League is faltering, lax is exploding. There's a reason.

BigBird likes this.
  8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Matt, the indoor league here had over 1500 kids sign up for winter league. 74 girls teams from kindergarten to HS varsity and 19 in my daughter's division. Boys had less (like 40 teams) but it's still cool to see. There's teams coming in from Baltimore to play.
    I was going to play grand masters this year but I'm not feeling the full field. Maybe some box in the spring if I find time. :)

9. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Well...that explains why you showed up in it.

Steeltoe and BigBird like this.
  10. joec

joec brace yourself

America's cup.....

11. joec

joec brace yourself

I thought this thread was about buicks

12. dtalbott

Broome doesn't even know what a Buick is.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, that'd be a mainland China thread. Audis and Buicks.

BigBird likes this.
  14. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Both my daughters are Lax goalies. The youngest made the cut for a travel team,and has gotten 1 on 1 time with the U of MD and a Notre Dame goalie for clinics. I grew up playing it and where I grew up if you didnt play, then you got the shit kicked out of you or messed with really bad. Lax is the main sport in Annapolis.

15. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

MiniGP

<drop the mic>

SuddenBraking and BigBird like this.
  16. joec

joec brace yourself

Are you from Annapolis? I figured you were more of a dirty Shady Side type. Lol..I grew up in Towson. I never got into team sports. But lots of kids played lax.

17. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Born and raised......yes the city.....not just anne arundel county,like most just say they are from annapolis but really arent. WTF made you think I was from shady side??????o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O:crackup:

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Goalies, good goalies, are worth their weight in Bitcoins and are the kings and queens of the field. :)

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I stand corrected.

20. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

Kid got athletic talent? Make them a goalie, and the colleges will come knocking.

BigBird likes this.