1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kids at the Track

Discussion in 'General' started by svdale, Jan 20, 2003.

1. Caferace 6

Caferace 6 -------------------------

A good kick in the butt will keep your kids inline.

2. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

If you are faster than them then they shouldn't be getting in your way buttstick. :mad:

3. Caferace 6

Unles you are trying to lap them:mad:

4. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

It's the job of the person passing to get around. You have a problem, it's called a bad attitude.

5. yoshinewmn

yoshinewmn white & nerdy

look here you son of a bitch

you ever think about something like that and you will die a very slow and painfull death .

you are a fuck stick and i will pray to god that our paths cross some day .

trust me ,you ever look at my kids funny and you will never be able to race again

you fucking cunt

6. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

how is a kid going to get on the track? get real here we are taking about a baby...... all the tracks I have been at have a thing called a fence... with someone watching what comes out the opening. Kids are a part of wera and for the most part are no problem at the track as long as they have something to do.

7. atspeed

atspeed Praying Member

Sorry c6 I've seen more problems with racers than with the kids

8. kp_racer

kp_racer Well-Known Member

No offense CAFERACER but I hope you dont have any kids.
    If you can help your kid find a passion, and help him/her with their passion, they will think about that everytime they are about to do something they know they willl get in trouble for. And if it is truly their passion, they will do the right thing (most of the time).

Just my opinion:rolleyes:

KP

9. yoshinewmn

yoshinewmn white & nerdy

our kids are our future.you reap what you sew.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Wow, this a thread about bringing kids to the track have turned into a war. WTF? I'm sorry but kids BELONG at the track. This is a family sport and kids are a big part of the family.
    Oh, and if someone kicks my kids (okay, hypothetically since I don't have any) in the ass for being kids, that person and I are going to have a little talk. Then I'm going to bust that person then I'll let my kids take turns kicking Mr. discipline while he's down.

11. Caferace 6

WELL is everybody pissed off yet?
    I hope so! Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha.
    I'm glad I showed everyone that I do like kids and realy have no problem with them being a the track. In fact I plan haveing my 5 year old granddaughter andmy ol'lady with me at the track. :D :D

12. atspeed

atspeed Praying Member

kev, you speak with a wisdom above your years

how's the job going

kids are always a special guest, they are what will continue the sport in the future

13. yoshinewmn

yoshinewmn white & nerdy

im not pissed off ,i will just defend my kids to the death .
    just like you would defenf your granddaughter .

14. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

um, maybe he was saying the parents should kick the kid in the ass?

15. fastfreddie

i have no problem with kids at the track...but...kids love shiny things...like blazing hot exhaust pipes. the 'responsible' adult supervisor turns their head 'just for a second' and all hell breaks out. i did not feel sorry for the kid because they burned themselves touching my bike, i felt sorry for the kid because he had to grow up with an ignoramus for a parent. i first sighted the little guy reaching for my shiny helmet...no, no, NO!!!
    i don't think it's a good idea unless you can guarantee their safety...which means...KEEP THEM OUT OF MY PIT and DON"T LET THEM WANDER UNTETHERED THRU THE PADDOCK!!! that's right, put 'em on a leash, figuratively.
    it's about racers and what they do...NOT racers worrying about running over your kids while you seem to think it's cute to make a family picnic out of it.

i was advised not to express my opinion but, you know what, i want it known that i will have no sympathy for the parents of a child that suffers any injury for whatever reason while they are in the paddock.

if you bring a perambulatory child into the paddock and happen to see a black trailer with a green ezup...give it a wide berth. the operator of that particular pit does not practice preventative safety measures for children, i.e., chemicals are not locked up, disfiguringly hot componentry is left unattended as it cools, etc.

yet, it's still a free country...so, do as you please. please, just do it without involving me.

16. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

So when you lowside in front of me Im not supposed to run your ignorant ass over?? <ie. ignorant: not taking the time to responsibly navigate the corner on your wornout race tires cause you're trying to get one more race out of them> I shouldn't have to practice preventative safety measures to make up for your mistakes! What a selfish dipshit.

17. fastfreddie

if i low-side in front of you and you run over me, who's the dip-shit for target fixating?
    my worn out tires will be a breath of fresh air for your tired old hoops.
    i'm not getting your drift...i should be responsible for someone's children entering my pit? dude, i wouldn't enter someones pit without their invite and i'm not inviting children.

18. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Don't be a jackalope, Fred. I imagine that many racers spend a disproportionate percentage of their disposable income on racing (and then some, most likely), funds that might otherwise have been spent on trips to Disneyland and the like. To expect them to do this and be separated from their families every other weekend is unrealistic. Their families should be able to enjoy, in person, what the funds were spent on. Should racers be expected to childproof their pits? Of course not... But let’s face it, if a child gets hurt in your pit, you are going to feel bad for the child. Don't confuse that with being angry because it's illegal to wring the neck of the negligent parent.

19. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

My point is you're implying that if a child DID wander into your pit area, you would do nothing but watch him/her hurt themself on something.

I don't advocate letting kids run rampant in the pits...hell I don't want to run into/over one of them anymore than anyone else does. But to imply that you would watch one hurt theirself in your pit area just to "teach the parent a lesson" is bullshit.

I welcome kids at the track...I expect them to be well-behaved and cautious. But if one does wander into my pit area by accident, especially a little one...I will treat them with care and respect and NOT let them touch the hot exhaust on my bike or drink my nutec.

And, by the way, if you drop it 10 feet in front of me at 100+, target-fixation won't be an issue, my front brake and the proper execution of that brake will.

20. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

And, by the way, if you drop it 10 feet in front of me at 100+, target-fixation won't be an issue, my front brake and the proper execution of that brake will.

That is really funny. Quite possibly one of the best comments I've read on here.

tom