1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Justice Kennedy announced retirement.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by G 97, Jun 27, 2018.

1. SVandST

SVandST Well-Known Member

So it's all about having the financial means to raise a child? Then why stop at the third trimester or whatever the limit is for abortions? It's only a made up dividing line that we can move wherever we chose. Let's move the line to say 6 years old. Before a child turns 6 the parent(s) are free to kill the child for the sole reason that they cannot afford to raise said child.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  2. brex

brex Well-Known Member

It is absolutely ridiculous and childish that the LWNs keep putting abortion on the table when it is politically expedient for them.

3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Yeah it is (though lets not be ridiculous) because the second that kid pops out of the mom that wanted to get an abortion, conservatives want nothing to do with it. But by damn, they saved a life!

Once again, I'm flummoxed by the fact that conservatives aren't ardent supporters of abortion. I can't think of a better way to bring the welfare doles down, and that's what you all want.

4. rd400racer

Actually I'm in 100% agreement with you. I find the fact that abortion is even discussed amongst anyone but the woman in question to be ludicrous.

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I didn't say I don't care, I said I'm not responsible for your actions. What I do care about is you shirking your responsibilities and seeking to dump them on me.
    I personally don't believe in God or an afterlife, so you can save that religious-angle crap.
    I simply believe in everyone's right to life from the time that life begins.
    Since science tells us that life begins at conception, at which point a distinct and separate life is created, that life is a human life that has as much value and right to life as you have.
    I don't want people killing their children, no matter their stage of development. It's just wrong, and that's where the argument ends as far as I'm concerned.

Orvis likes this.
  6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Dude, it’s your story. You are the one who wanted to make college free for kids. Don’t try to blame me if you are unable to follow your own discussion points. You are also the only one in this thread who made the statement that they want to do away with abortion. Here is YOUR quote: “Bullshit...they do want to totally do away with abortions”.

Again, you are the one painting with a broad brush grouping all conservatives of wanting the same thing. Again typical liberal cancer - believing you know what others think and want. Then you can’t even follow along with your own topics. Derp.

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

How about these men, did they have a right to discuss it?
    Did they have a right to decide for a woman?

roe v wade supree court.jpg

8. rd400racer

Yes and the second part, which you're so heavily misquoting, says " You can have all the abortion control they want as long as they agree to fully fund the unwanted baby until it graduates from college. Fair enough?" It's a trade off...you want the control, then be ready to pay for it. Nowhere did I state free college for all people.

9. rd400racer

No, I don't believe so. The only people that have a right to discuss it are the woman who happens to be pregnant and the man that made her that way. And he doesn't really deserve much of a voice because it's not his body.

10. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I have this suspicion that most conservatives have the problem of still thinking, or hoping, that people are gonna turn around and start being responsible for their own actions. (They can dream can't they?) When that kid is hatched the parents should be the ones taking care of it. Or at least they should be.

11. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

:crackup:
    Riiiight, because this countries problems stem from the LACK OF availability to abortions and NOT the lack of the family unit, poor parenting, no parenting, unwillingness to finish school, be employed and all around free loader mentality, correct???? :rolleyes:

Get YOUR side's house in order before even thinking about imposing ideas and or assigning responsibility of what's truly F'cked in this nation.

12. brex

brex Well-Known Member

If he doesn't want to keep the baby, does she get to soak him for money for 18 years anyway? If he really wants the baby she can just kill it anyway?

badmoon692008 likes this.
  13. G 97

G 97 Garth

I never said you stated free college for all people. I asked why not just go ahead and make it free for everyone. I mean since it’s such a great idea. Make everything free for everyone.
    I didn’t misquote anything. I responded to your free college proposal.
    Again, you don’t know what my stance on abortion is.
    Pay attention. :Poke:

14. rd400racer

I agree with this and it's an excellent point.

XFBO likes this.
  15. rd400racer

Well then state it dammit!

G 97 likes this.
  16. G 97

G 97 Garth

But it’s the liberal way. Never address the true underlying issues that result in the problems at hand. Simply provide more free stuff to those that are deemed in need or who are less fortunate.
    Never take any corrective action against the root causes. Ignore the factors that create the results. Only take action towards the results after the fact. Liberalism is cancer.

XFBO likes this.
  17. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

First it was sarcasm and you are correct most want to stop the majority of all abortions just as the gun control people mostly want a full on ban/confiscation.

Second not every can nor should graduate from college. This is a dangerous myth perpetuated by big education. When you guarantee a level that level has no value added in most cases. We are seeing that now with nonsense degrees. Further if you raise a kid in either foster care or an orphanage (yes those are better than death) then the state should pay for them including a proper education. As to college there is a ton of ways to pay for it despite the propaganda. Try the military, try part time with multiple jobs (worked for me), scholarships, etc. Don't like that get a job or trade school... this is all normal for the majority of Americans now, even those with parents.

But nice try equating the progressive drive to prevent people their 2nd amendment rights and their 'right' to slaughter millions.

18. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I don't personally disagree with life starting at conception as you defined it versus debating what organs exists, etc. However, you mention the right to life of that child...a human life is fully dependent upon care for the 9 months in utero and let's even say just to 5 years old. Does a 4 year old also not have a "right to life" with proper nutrition and care by that same logic then? Why do those who are anti-abortion place a higher moral value on ensuring the rights in utero than after the child is born? Do you have a stance on alcohol or nicotine intake by pregnant women and how that impacts the rights of the fetus?

I don't totally disagree with your thoughts when I apply them personally to me and my family, but it's insanity as a social policy in a climate where society is not ready to support the mothers and the children.

19. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Another nice try. 0% is MANDATORY in reality. It is @#$#@ congress they can change the law just as they can omit something from negotiations in the part called discretionary.

20. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I would add in their doctor (if they choose to include him/her) and potentially any future grandparents that may be on the hook to help raise the child.