1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jones v Gustafsson 2

Discussion in 'General' started by JBraun, Dec 20, 2018.

1. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

On a funny note, a friend of mine was fighting in KOTC last year, and had a fight stopped for an eye poke after a straight left. The ref paused the fight and sent the fighter to a neutral corner to recover. My friend was incensed and was holding up his left glove screaming in protest, and those of us there to support him raised hell also. You could see the moment the ref realized his mistake.

[​IMG]

track wagon likes this.
  2. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

as if that is a legit excuse? thats like saying i have a habbit of running in hot not knowing what i'm doing on the front brakes and taking people out.

3. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Yes and no. The difference is that there are consequences to cleaning someone out. Odds are, you're on the ground too. Race over, nobody wins.

With Jon, it's an effective technique. He can find range, and more importantly, it allows him to position his hands in a way that he can catch wrist control from outside of your reach. It's one more thing to think about while fighting the guy who already has the most weapons in the division.

I don't blame him. You can poke a guy in the eye at least three times before you get disqualified. It's like fouling out in basketball. You get some freebies. Is is sportsmanlike? Hell no, but you're in a fight. You can't be that concerned about a dude's eyeball when he's standing across from you like a coiled spring, willing to kick your stupid head off with no regard for whether or not you end up in a coma. Not the same stakes as other sports.

On the other hand, if the UFC says it's a point every time a finger goes into an eye, you can't take chances anymore. The consequences will outweigh the advantage, and no more eye pokes.

4. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

Dirty fighting just like dirty racing... not a fan.. don't spook anybody unless.. wishing for a clean fight

5. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Im hoping Guss floors him with a rear elbow. Used to have mad respect for Jones. Hes trash. And Condit is a point whore who runs from engagement. I hate watching his fights. Just like Machita, Terrible to watch for entertainment purposes. I get it, thats your style but sucks for PPV.

6. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

the first fight jones was coked out of his mind and getting drunk every night. and he still won

7. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Did he though?

8. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Yeah, gotta go with Jones but I hope Gus can pull it off.

Nunez is a monster. It's fun to watch her fight. I think she has a chance.

Who would've thought that there would be a day when Arlovski and BJ Penn would be on the prelims?

I haven't bought a PPV in a long time but I'll get this one. I was hoping they would move Askren to this card when the January PPV fell apart. I'm fascinated by that dude.

9. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 1

10. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Penn is still fighting? Wow, I thought he retired years ago.

11. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I think he did.

12. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

13. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Good grief. Wtf?

Novitzky described the amount of turinabol metabolites in Jones’ system in low “picogram” levels.

“A picogram is a one-trillionth of a gram,” Novitzky said. “If you put one grain of salt on the table and split it up into 50 million pieces, a picogram is one of those pieces of that gram of salt.

14. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

That’s all well and good, but nobody else’s tests are coming back with “picogram levels”.

ggunn9 likes this.
  15. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Just means his "flush" left some remnants that were detected. What a joke. Thats why he declined the voluntary testing. The fact that this guy has such a history of getting popped for PEDs and other shit, there is no "pass" this time. That video is a joke. Of course they detected a picogram, he has professionals giving him shit that gets out of the system quickly. There were just trace amounts left.

vizsladog likes this.
  16. condon66

condon66 Member well known

I didn't mean to imply that it's a joke to be concerned over a small trace. It just blew my mind a little as to how small of an amount they can detect.

JBraun likes this.
  17. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Had a chance tonight to review all the info around this clusterfuck. What a joke. I have zero respect left for the UFC.

Evidently sometimes when you accidentally ingest a trace amount of a banned substance and test hot immediately before a fight, but never use the “tainted supplement” again for a year and a half, it just naturally pops up again, at higher levels than before, immediately before your next fight. Ooooooohkaaaaaaaay...

Imagine being Gustafsson, or any of the other fighters on this card for that matter. Something tells me that the rosters for Bellator and One Championship are about to get a little deeper.

18. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Just let these guys take drugs. I wanna see two hulks beating the fuck out of each other!

track wagon likes this.
  19. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Although I don’t agree with that argument, it would be much more reasonable than what’s happening now.

Currently there’s only one guy who’s allowed to do steroids, and the UFC is willing to bend over backwards and switch venues for him. Everybody else has to follow the rules.

20. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

:confused:
    Did something else happen since I saw this explanation?>>> "If you put one grain of salt on the table and split it up into 50 million pieces, a picogram is one of those pieces of that grain of salt."