1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jones v Gustafsson 2

Discussion in 'General' started by JBraun, Dec 20, 2018.

1. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Jonny Bones off suspension next weekend and fighting the guy who gave him the toughest fight of his career. I personally thought the first one was a draw.

A little early but I'm pumped! Who you got?

2. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Jones wont fuck around this time. The womens fight will be awesome as well.

3. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

Always seen Gustafsson as a bit of a badass but so is Jones... Jones has to be hungry after all that shit ... huge reach advantage too.

4. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Im not sure about that. Jones is lanky but Gustafsson is taller. Can’t be much difference.

Jones has trouble with tall guys. OSP took him the distance and he was supposed to be a warm up. Gustafsson straight fucked him up. He got the decision but looked like he lost two fights in a row that night. No one would have been surprised if it went the other way.

5. pfhenry

its 84.5" jones vs gustafsson 79"

6. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Goin' with Gus.

And I think the Condit v Chiesa might be a scrap.

JBraun likes this.
  7. condon66

I don't know that I'd be too sure of that.

8. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

That’s pretty insignificant. The extra 2.75” is just Jon’s long ass eye poking fingers. :D

9. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I want to believe, but he’s been on the bench forever. I also think Jon wasn’t expecting to be taken down in the first fight. I have a feeling he’s going to wrestle a lot more this time.

10. pfhenry

i believe gustafsson threw a thumb to the eye as well that fight...

11. condon66

I suspect that too. It's gonna be fun to watch! I'm anxious to see this!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  12. BC

BC Well-Known Member

There's only one woman in that fight.

13. BC

BC Well-Known Member

W
    When they have to make new rules because of his cheating/dirty fighting fuck him

14. pfhenry

i thought it was the gas station dick pills that caused the problem lol

JBraun likes this.
  15. BC

BC Well-Known Member

It was cocaine cut with an ingredient in gas station dik pills

16. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I never understood what Rogan was carrying on about during the commentary. Gus threw a right hook with a closed fist, and the knuckle of his thumb hit Jones in the cheekbone, just below the eye. There was no poke there at all.

Jones pokes damn near everyone he fights in the eye. He's always pawing his hand out there and it's bound to happen. Before the last DC fight Jones made a comment that he would probably poke DC in the eye, because he does that. It's not intentional, just ingrained in his habits. I honestly think it should cost fighters a point every time it happens.

Eye pokes are the worst foul that you can commit in MMA. You can recover from a groin strike, but fights have been ended by eye pokes. There's talk about a new glove to prevent it, and I think it's a terrible idea. The gloves they use are perfect. They prevent broken knuckles and cuts, but still allow guys to grapple. If fighters knew that they were going to lose a point for every eye poke, they'd keep their fists closed. Pretty simple.

BC likes this.
  17. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Big John approves this

18. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Hoping for Gustafsson myself.......and I used to be a huge Jones fan.

19. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Hater!!!

20. BC

BC Well-Known Member

If you're into chick's with dicks have at it.