1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jones v Gustafsson 2

Discussion in 'General' started by JBraun, Dec 20, 2018.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

2. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Didn't Rogan say that the technology around testing is advancing at a rapid rate and that this may not have come up on a previous test but now can? I think he mentioned that he was told this recently.

3. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I think he means that Jones was tested between when he was busted before and now and didn't have any "anomalies". I know we are all pooling our ignorance here, but I think you have to remember they are testing for metabolites and not the banned substance itself. As I understand it, it's what your body produces in response to a substance.

The really bad deal is for the fans. What if you bought a ticket to this show, had airlines flight paid for, an airbnb reserved, etc.

XFBO likes this.
  4. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

These are all bizarre excuses that support this bullshit narrative that keeps the PPV alive. The UFC is treating the fans like they're complete morons, and you guys are falling for it.

They said they wanted a clean sport, so they brought in all this state of the art testing to catch cheaters. Now that state of the art testing catches arguably the biggest star in the UFC, and they pretend it's some weird anomaly never before seen in science. I'm not a doctor, but you have to be naive to believe what the UFC is feeding you.

If Jones accidentally ingested a tiny amount of a steroid from a tainted supplement a year and a half ago, the levels would not be higher today. I don't care if it's a picogram or whatever, it shouldn't be there. Like I said before, nobody else is failing these drug tests. Only Jones. Well, and Frank Mir, but he was immediately suspended for two years and released. Anybody see a problem here?

If the UFC had any integrity at all, they wouldn't rewrite the rules and move the venue for this guy. They're siding with a cheater because it's better for their bottom line. Ray Charles can see right through all those ridiculous press conferences. The UFC only cares about PEDs until it affects their numbers. Did anyone hear about them deleting one of Brock Lesnars tests recently? Weird. Same damn thing.

socalrider likes this.
  5. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Novitzky’s quote from Jones’ second failed test in 2017:

“On the face of things, any sophisticated doper, or any doper who knows how to do a Google search, is not going to choose turinabol or any other chlorinated steroid,” Novitzky said. “They could very easily find that there is a detection window of 45 to 60 days and so with the facts that are out there, that Jon tested negative on July 6 and July 7, that means the substance entered his body between July 7 and July 28.”

So.... USADA could pinpoint the ingestion of the steroid to a three week period last time, and confirmed that turinabol is only detectable for 60 days. Now all of the sudden it can magically pop up again a year and a half later. Wut?

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Another problem that happens with these cheating idiots is that many times instead of using high quality (and more expensive pharma grade stuff) they will be getting their PEDs from underground labs mixing the shit up in a bathtub with bulk powders ordered from China or something. As a consequence they may be getting contaminated products that have trace amounts (or even large amounts) of compounds that they do not want.

So an athlete may be popping orals or injecting themselves with something they believe will be cleared from their system in a couple days to a week when in actually the substance they are using is tainted with something that takes twice as long or longer to clear from their body. So in their mind they wouldn't have any problems passing a piss test because they believe they are using a substance that is already undetectable at pee-pee time.

JBraun likes this.
  7. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

8. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

100% correct. This is relatively common knowledge to anyone with a modicum of exposure to these things. The fact that Novitsky and Dana are playing dumb and trying to explain it away is hilariously transparent. They know exactly what Jon Jones is doing.

9. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I hope Gus goes in there and pokes shit eater cheaters eye out on the first contact...........and takes his warning. I hope/doubt He will get 50% of JJ's purse ala not making weight, but he should. Or better yet show up 40#'s overweight and see how Doucher White handles that.

10. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

This right here......

11. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

That’s the move. Rehydrate starting yesterday and show up around 235.

“I’m not overweight Dana. Just a scale anamoly from being 235 a few weeks back. Pulsing effect bro!”

badmoon692008 likes this.
  12. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

:crackup:

13. biggenyz426

biggenyz426 too big to fail

I was pretty magnanimous about the whole thing, willing to overlook the murky BS around the test because the fights on the card are so intriguing. But after seeing the way Jones and Dana White treated that poor Swedish reporter when she asked some actual questions about the test and the suspension, the UFC can f#ck right off. It's so blatant now they're figuratively just grabbing their crotch and giving everyone the bird while counting the money.

14. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

stare downs on UFC facebook. Nunes cyborg does look sick.

15. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

16. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

How did the crowd treat Jones?

17. Better than they should have.

18. Cyborg got hit so hard her twig and berries dropped back out of her stomach.

19. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

And repeatedly too, there was no time to recover, I never liked either of those chics, esp Nunez but damn she doesn't just punch hard but extremely accurate too. She's the modern day Hitman Hearns! LOL

Gino230 likes this.
  20. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see what happens after this fight. Jones took his first VADA test beforehand, but the results won’t be back until later this week.

Also Novitzky said on Rogan’s podcast that the CSAC was not aware that Jones had failed a USADA test prior to sanctioning the fight. They definitely snuck one by them so who knows if the CA commission will take exception...