1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

its here

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by joec, Sep 30, 2014.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

2. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Well, I guess it's a 33% mortality rate in the US now?

3. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Waiting for Obama to do his 'if I had a son...' speech

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Notice it is only the black guy who is dead.

5. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Just drove by my local care now doc in a box and it is on Quaarinteen
    Looks like they have another ebola of victim here in DFW

6. GoldStarRon

GoldStarRon Well-Known Member

Great.. maybe that is why my plane is delayed 5 hours.. California to DFW to Alabama.

7. sheepofblue

Nope just that we hate californians :Poke:

8. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I could possibly forgive you for unknowingly bringing a deadly virus to Alabama. Just don't bring any of your politicians. Some things just cannot be forgiven.

9. sheepofblue

Sadly joking aside here is the reason:
    http://dfw.cbslocal.com/?lead=frisco-patient-exhibiting-ebola-symptoms

Hope they caught it early enough to help him and to prevent spread as a deputy likely interacts with a ton of people daily. And consider that initially the family was quarantined IN the apartment :wow:

10. auminer

So let me get this straight... he didn't have contact with the sick guy, but he did go into the apartment. Unless he got actual bodily fluids from the sick guy into his mouth, eyes, an open wound, etc... HE AIN'T GOT EBOLA!!

I'm not going to have much confidence in the diagnosis of a doc-in-a-box. :rolleyes: My experiences with those guys has been ... let's just say less-than-stellar. I'd guess is the guy has a stomach bug, or maybe the flu and this is just an overabundance of caution with a dash of hysteria & a sprinkle of stupid.

11. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

This. However, IF it is Ebola, the less educated on the subject here will come unhinged. Those that spoke less than ideal English were already pulling their kids out of school.

12. sheepofblue

Guys apartment contained a bunch of opportunities. So touch something the scratch eye. Have a cut or abrasion that rubs against something. Two simple examples. Certainly it would be great if they are incorrect but the location and timeline fits, caution is needed. Or you can take the Obama approach that it is not going to ever get here so all cases to date and in the future are false. :Pop:

13. joec

joec brace yourself

"here, use my pen..."

14. auminer

Oh, yeah... Obama did it. :crackup::rolleyes: That fucker is from Kenya, maybe he brought it over here himself, huh? LOL

Seriously. You'd have to do something stupid to catch ebola from the guy's apartment. Then again, he is a cop, so there's that...

There's only 2 things I'm remotely concerned about with ebola:

1) that there's some unknown zoonotic host here that's not found in Africa that could harbor and spread it.

2) that some terrorist faction infects [insert unknown number here] suicide bombers to make themselves into seriously nasty biological dirty bombs.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If Ebola spreads to Central America imagine the waves of Ebolaites crashing into texas, arizona and Kalifornia.

16. sheepofblue

Past outbreaks have been in isolated villages and thus controlled. The current one made it to the cities. Imagine the issue with that given American mobility. But don't worry it could never happen here, it won't mutate and the government assures us it will not come here. I mean the CDC is in charge and you saw how well they do with old Small Pox :Poke:

17. In Your Corner

You guys need to get in touch with these idiots and give them the real info on Ebola.

Some Ebola experts worry virus may spread more easily than assumed

Yet some scientists who have long studied Ebola say such assurances are premature — and they are concerned about what is not known about the strain now on the loose. It is an Ebola outbreak like none seen before, jumping from the bush to urban areas, giving the virus more opportunities to evolve as it passes through multiple human hosts.

Dr. C.J. Peters, who battled a 1989 outbreak of the virus among research monkeys housed in Virginia and who later led the CDC's most far-reaching study of Ebola's transmissibility in humans, said he would not rule out the possibility that it spreads through the air in tight quarters.

"We just don't have the data to exclude it," said Peters, who continues to research viral diseases at the University of Texas in Galveston.

Dr. Philip K. Russell, a virologist who oversaw Ebola research while heading the U.S. Army's Medical Research and Development Command, and who later led the government's massive stockpiling of smallpox vaccine after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, also said much was still to be learned. "Being dogmatic is, I think, ill-advised, because there are too many unknowns here."

If Ebola were to mutate on its path from human to human, said Russell and other scientists, its virulence might wane — or it might spread in ways not observed during past outbreaks, which were stopped after transmission among just two to three people, before the virus had a greater chance to evolve. The present outbreak in West Africa has killed approximately 3,400 people, and there is no medical cure for Ebola.

"I see the reasons to dampen down public fears," Russell said. "But scientifically, we're in the middle of the first experiment of multiple, serial passages of Ebola virus in man.... God knows what this virus is going to look like. I don't."

18. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

No need to panic. The Reverend Jesse Jackson arrived in Dallas yesterday to offer his expertise on the subject. We are saved!

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I hope he gets sneezed on.

20. In Your Corner

What Obama's handling of Ebola tells us about his values

THE EBOLA outbreak in West Africa is both a danger in itself and a wake-up call for Americans — about President Obama, about the institutions of this country and, most important, about ourselves.

There was a time when an outbreak of a deadly disease overseas would bring virtually unanimous agreement that our top priority should be to keep it overseas. Yet Barack Obama has refused to bar entry to the United States by people from countries where the Ebola epidemic rages, as Britain has done.

The reason? Refusing to let people with Ebola enter the United States would conflict with the goal of fighting the disease. In other words, the safety of the American people takes second place to the goal of helping people overseas. As if to emphasize his priorities, President Obama has ordered thousands of American troops to go into Ebola-stricken Liberia, disregarding the dangers to those troops and to other Americans when the troops return. What does this say about Obama?

At a minimum, it suggests that he takes his conception of himself as a citizen of the world more seriously than he takes his role as President of the United States. At worst, he may consider Americans’ interests expendable in the grand scheme of things internationally. If so, this would explain a lot of his foreign policy disasters around the world, which seem inexplicable otherwise.