1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Italy

Discussion in 'General' started by rd400racer, Jan 13, 2022.

1. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Planning our trip for next year (late Sept). Would love to hear your feedback and how your trip went.

Our current plan is fly into Venice .. 2 nights...
    drive to Florence 3 or 4 nights. One day for me to head back to Boglogna and then to Tavullia.
    Drive to south Naples and spend 3 nights on a boat doing the Amalfi coast.
    Drive to Rome 3 or 4 nights and fly home.

2. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Sub'd for this.

Starting to think about taking the family and my in-laws (Italian and never been) over there for ~10 days.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  3. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Worshipping...

code3ryder and motion like this.
  4. jdanhires

jdanhires Well-Known Member

That's a lot of travel and not many days in one place. Naples is 6 hours from Tavullia by car.
    I'd skip any idea of 'driving' and take a train or a cheap flight.

Rome2rio is a really handy site for figuring out how to get front point a to b.
    https://www.rome2rio.com/

trussdude, code3ryder and Phl218 like this.
  5. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

We left exactly one year ago today. Verona for 3 days and then Florence for a week. Day trips to Venice, Balogna, a winery in the countryside and a day at Cinque Terre. Hit Pisa for a couple hours on the way back. I would do Venice as a day trip. Had an amazing time and used the trains for all travel. I believe we got a 10 day rail pass which meant all trips were covered except for hi speed trains.

6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Cinque Terra is really cool, I think it was about 3 hours from Bologna, we stayed there 2/3 nights. This trip made us realize that little places like Cinque Terra and Lake Como, where we stayed in Bellagio for 3/4 nights are much more fun than big cities like Milan and Bologna.

I did love the factory tour and museum at Lamborghini and the 2 Ferrari museums, but the two little cities were even better and I’m a car nut.

2017 we went to Rome, (Naples best pizza in my life), Pompeii and (Pisa via cruise ship) and I liked all of them. Pisa we did via a train ride and spent a few hours there, which was enough.

7. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Ciao!

We have nixed the idea of getting a car for main travel. Train it is! Except for my trip to Tavullia. My main thought is to rent a car for the day... but then I thought how cool would it be to rent a moto instead. Has anyone done that or thoughts on doing that?

8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Great idea! HP Motorrad has several locations in Italy, including Florence & Bologna. I've had several friends rent with them and all had great experiences.

code3ryder and Senna like this.