1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is this sloppy motor case sealant or normal?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by L8RSK8R, Jul 9, 2011.

1. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

He's got some pics up a few posts up. It had broken valve springs and some other problems associated with the cams and valves.

2. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

@ Borgy, the motor's been checked out and it's too much work, too much money and will have too much power with associated unreliability so I've been contacted about a 2008 w/3500 miles for $1200 shipped and I think I'll go with it. Thankfully I just sold my 98 SRAD 750 Yosh RS-3 Ti system for good money...almost as much as the complete bike cost me :) Seller's still in contact, I've given him a ballpark estimate of $2000 for removing original motor, purchase & install of replacement motor.
    Fuggin crap, could be worse.
    I try not to make dumbarse mistake's but invariably I am dumbarse. Hope to get riding ZX6 within the month.
    Thank's for all your help, word's of wisdom & advise since I joined the forum. I'll keep ya's posted to how the rebuild comes along.

@ jimfowler, thanks very much for the offer :)

3. L8RSK8R

I bought an 08 w/3108 miles complete with harness, ECU, TB's, coil's and other stuff..shipped for $1044. I should be good to go in a week or so.
    Seller deposited $1050 to my account this morning...I'd say that's pretty rare someone would pony up cash like this after a sale.
    All communication has been done via email's, never once spoke on the phone.
    I'll sell the other parts which aren't needed.
    T'was a good day :up::clap:

4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

[​IMG] too the seller!

5. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

Great news!

6. RxRC

RxRC Well-Known Member

No shit!

7. L8RSK8R

According to tracking info, replacement motor should arrive today if not already. Hope to be up & running soon. I'm Looking forward to double header at Willow w/trackxperience Sept 10th & 11th. Last double day in March I dropped almost 6 seconds, still slow by all account's. I'll be very pleased if I can run consistent sub 1:35's by year's end... I still don't have the insurance sorted out so I've been riding pretty conservatively....I think?
    Guy I bought the bike from is also aware of the expense to remove & replace the motor but I don't think I'm gonna expect him to pony up anymore than he already has.
    I'll leave it with him, he has my account info. If he wants to make a deposit so be it.
    P.S assuming new motor is good to go and install goes with out a hitch...how much time or money is involved in tuning the PCIII or optimizing the bike on a dyno?

8. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

should be a couple hundred, maybe 350 for a good dyno tune. takes a few hours though. make sure you plug your laptop in and save the map after its done. i have mine on a thumb drive, i have needed to reset the PCIII after a crash but just reloaded the map after it reset to default.

9. L8RSK8R

Motor's installed and dyno tuning manana...so ready to ride this bike. August 19th I'll be @ Willow and really, really lookin forward to it.

10. L8RSK8R

Dyno number's.

Good to go. Furkin pissed, Jody's rode the bike more than me...he did 34 miles on the dyno :crackup:
    Stock 08 used motor
    Leo Vince Factory Carbon full system
    K'N filter
    Jumper mod
    Pump fuel
    117 @ 14,000
    47 TQ's @ 12,000

11. L8RSK8R

Hey guy's I need tank grip's for this bike and must order today to have 'em for this weekend I had Stomp's on my SRAD & seemed to work fine. Anything else I should consider..Tech Spec or ?
    I'm a function over form kinda guy, not really concerned about look's.
    Any suggestion's?

12. socalrider

i prefer my tech spec to the stomp grip. have used both. just my opinion.

13. L8RSK8R

Ordered, thank's SoCal.

14. socalrider

No prob. you gonna make it to chuckwalla any time the remainder of the year?

15. L8RSK8R

Yeah, Sept 23rd & Oct 21st :)
    I'm actively lookin for a small enclosed trailer. I'm done with the Versahauler...3 to 4 hour panic attack getting to track. I certainly strap the bike down well and have my backup camera on constant feed so I can see if the bike's still back there. It's hard enough driving up to Willow as I don't get much sleep (sometime's none the night before) so I'd be best to lock the door's on a trailer and not have that worry.
    I've never heard of a bike falling off a Versahauler and I don't wanna be the 1st to experience it.
    PS not a solicitation or WTB trailer add :)

16. socalrider

sweet ill be there both days... would like to meet ya in person. i use a 5x8 open trailer, with a baxley sport chock and canyon dancer to keep the bike in. rock solid. i dont worry about it, and i routinely go 80 mph with the trailer.

17. L8RSK8R

80, you're a speed demon :)
    Also is it common to run up that many miles during a dyno test...34 miles.

Dyno:http://www.flickr.com/photos/47444830@N07/sets/72157627441593400/

I've been looking into Factory Pro velocity stack's and wondering if this is something I should consider or just ride the thing and get my time's lower?
    If I installed stack's would it mess with the dyno tune or need to be re-tuned?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  18. socalrider

i cant answer the 34 mile question... but if you get velocity stacks, you should re-tune. the effect is negligible without the tune.

but, i would say ride it and get your times lower. dont worry about v-stacks. the bang for the buck as far as modifications go is not huge.

19. L8RSK8R

Hey guy's I'm lookin at the cam's that were supposedly from Orient Express fitted to original (bad) motor.

Number on cam is "4516 EX" and to the right of that is the number "3"
    Also tag with (phillips screw head on it) "27"
    Down on he gear end of cam is engraved by hand with dremel or ? "Web-176 2-09"

Any idea if it's stock or aftermarket?
    Cheer's, Ciaran

20. wortdog

wortdog Active Member