1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is this sloppy motor case sealant or normal?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by L8RSK8R, Jul 9, 2011.

1. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Thank's wortdog, kinda makes sense as "Web" is hand etched into cam.

2. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

3. L8RSK8R

On top of page it say's "smoothing 5"
    Is "smoothing" to mean fine tuning and "5" to mean 5th attempt or run?
    I really should have asked Lees but being new to this, I've so many question's they'd probably charge me a few hour's of labor to answer 'em :crackup:

Ah, just found article on smoothing. So 5 show's less detail or less spike's or peak's in the line.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  4. L8RSK8R

Holy Mamola, the brakes on the ZX6R are amazing. I've been riding dinosaur's for the last year, what was I thinking.

5. L8RSK8R

I'd like to install a radiator guard on this bike? I made up my own for the Mille (gutter guard zip-tied, very easy as rad's and oil cooler are small)
    I'm only finding Cox rad guards, is there an alternative that you've installed on your ZX6R?
    It would suck to drive 4 hours to track and bust a hole in radiator and have to limp home, pissed off.

6. tropicoz

tropicoz Well-Known Member

I've tried to make one for my G1k recently out of mesh trash cans, screens, etc. All resulting on frustration, cuts, and wasted money. I finally broke down and got a Cox racing guard for the rad and made one for the oil cooler out of left over pieces from my attempts at the rad!

7. L8RSK8R

So I've got the Cox rad guard & a set of Attack case guards purchased and seller has a Healtech XTRE & Servo Buddy also for sale.
    While I have a LV Factory Carbon system on the bike, the OEM servo motor is still there...there's no way it can be operational since the the LV system bypasses/does not require the OEM servo motor.
    Any advise, should I pick these items up also and remove the OEM servo motor assembly?

8. L8RSK8R

Would the XTRE & servo buddy addition require a re-tune (dyno) ? should I go ahead and purchase, install?

9. L8RSK8R

10. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

11. L8RSK8R

Will do.