1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Schwantz doing the GNF Endurance this year?

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by 92excel, Sep 27, 2006.

1. davegsxrold929r

davegsxrold929r Well-Known Member

he was the fastest guy on the track last year....... set the fastest lap of the race..

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No there is no appeals board to clear it up because it needs to be left gray (or when I wrote it I'd have used a number of rounds or a percentage of rounds) consistently is left to the discretion of the WERA Pres.

3. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

Prolly not but what about a recently crowned ama super bike champion? :D.

4. davegsxrold929r

davegsxrold929r Well-Known Member

damn thats a tough one. who be cool to see him ride... an SV...........lalal

5. natedawgee

natedawgee ARNCHU Racing

Some rules need to be left gray? Interpretation and vagueness have no place in any structured form of competition. I see Clarity as the only option to govern the series. The rulebook provides control, not personal discretion. (no offense to Evelyne's judgement one way or another)

Discretion is only allowable when all the parties involved in a dispute give their side in a FORMAL meeting with the results clearly communicated in an addendum to the rulebook. (Other series publish additional rules and wording each year and encourage the riders'/manufacturers' feedback before doing so).

Perhaps this is another area where the rulebook wording could be strengthened for 2007. If not, expect more issues arising from the "intent" of the rules.

Commitees of intelligent and respected individuals are a good thing!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2006
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm glad you feel that way but running races by committee doesn't work. BTDT and there will always be god clauses to cover certain issues. If you do not trust the judgement of the people running the races then look elsewhere for a hobby because humans will always be involved in enforcement of rules.

FWIW - 2 races especially with on being the GNF is not even close to consistantly running.

Now on to this particular situation - Daniel Parkerson switched or was going to switch tire brands, leaving Dalke in the lurch, so they asked and Evelyne allowed them to bring back a rider from last season to finish out this season - Keith Marshall. That's it. No two bike thing, no 6 riders. Not sure where the miscommunication was but if it was on WERA's part I apologize.

7. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

Sean, Daniel hasn't been riding for them since Miller or sometime right around then (I have heard rumors why, but its not proof so I won't post it). He didn't ride for them since that time and his first tire deal weekend was @ jennings in august. There wasn't a problem w/ him riding pirellis on the 650, nor do I have a problem riding bridgestones on Sunday and Pirellis on Sat. I am not trying to confront you or wera, just their reason why they needed Marshall...

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't have any reason to believe anyone is lying to me and I do know for a fact there is more to all of this which I'm not going to post. Either way, that's our reasonign for allowing the rider change - agree or disagree as you will. It's the same for all the teams and a lot of you have had to ask for such excpetions over the years. It doesn't go against the intent of the rule in any way.

9. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

Daniel did ask permission from the Michelin folks to ride Gary's Pirelli shod 650. After talking to the other LW teams that are on Michelin about a few things Daniel was allowed to ride for Gary.

-steve

10. Wizard

Wizard Well-Known Member

blue is a pretty color

11. GIOROJAS

GIOROJAS Well-Known Member

so is red and black with a number 6 when it goes by....

12. Vinnie@proline

Vinnie@proline Well-Known Member

I do know that Spies and Kevin are in texas now. They are riding an endurance race there this weekend.

13. Mark91ex

Mark91ex Leg-Over!

Ummm Actually he was by .4 of a sec over me!! Dammit!!!!:bow:

My laps said so!!!
    Best Lap Tm 1:28.991 In Lap 9
    Best Speed 91.020 by Kevin Schwantz Suzuki School

14. daviid

daviid Well-Known Member

the world is not fair. if you dont want to lose points to him, beat him. thats why it is a race. besides, its not like your riding against him the entire time.

15. Wizard

Wizard Well-Known Member

no his back up was Jamie James

16. R Hood

R Hood Go NG Bulldogs

And Ted Cobb.

17. ethridge72

ethridge72 Well-Known Member

Who the hell is Ted Cobb?

18. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Corn's brother??

19. Wizard

Wizard Well-Known Member

now thats a funny sob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!