1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Schwantz doing the GNF Endurance this year?

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by 92excel, Sep 27, 2006.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

so that would pretty much take care of any multi-bike team's plan to run two bikes for one event as a contingency towards bolstering their odds at the gnf, if needed, or something to that effect. yes?
    (not a cheater...just askin'):D

Last edited: Sep 27, 2006
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

what in the hell are you asking? :confused:

3. fastfreddie

okay...
    hypothetically, i have a multi-bike team.
    i plan on running only one bike for the season but...i slip in an additional entry at the beginning of the season. at the end of the season, if things aren't going my way, i enter that other bike in the gnf as well in an effort to screw everyone else for my benefit.
    dirty pool, yeah?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope, good planning - because that bike still has to be able to finish in a position to make a difference. It is still racing after all.

5. fastfreddie

cooool. i just had a smokey(eunick) moment.:)

6. davegsxrold929r

davegsxrold929r Well-Known Member

we lost money last season because of it.. he had run no prior rounds and was let in on exception, mongo's call which is fine, but still hurt us in the end, they did run the cyclejam ? did they not ? so they should be able to ride anyway right !?

or put them in MWSB and leave HWSB alone.. LOL

7. fastfreddie

the team he rode for had previous entries and had not used up their rider allowance.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, last year it was perfectly by the rulebook using Vesrahs second team with a name change.

The year before it was the boss ladies option to let him and Ben and whoever else run.

9. Scott

Scott Well-Known Member

Wait, are we really arguing about whether or not Kevin Schwantz should be allowed to come out and race with us? Seriously?

Granted, neither Army or Neighbor has run in the same class that he'd enter, so the points thing never really came into play (except for the overall, not for Suzuki money), but hell...life is short. Turning down the opportunity to be on the same racetrack in competition with Kevin Schwantz is like saying 'no' to getting hot fudge on the sundae of life. :)

Put me down for hot fudge, Mongo.

10. fastfreddie

you can make or break a championship by one point, tho'.
    with that said, i guess it doesn't really matter who steps on the points.

mmmm...chocolate.

11. davegsxrold929r

Scott that is so true., I have the best picture ever of me leading Schwantz into the chicane on my wall, poster size... ;) so it is cool as hell ..but..

12. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

Are you sure your not refering to the Great Smokey Yunick http://www.smokeyyunick.com/

13. fastfreddie

it was late?
    (only excuse i could come up with...)

14. Wizard

Wizard Well-Known Member

was it worth 800 bucks?

15. davegsxrold929r

never said that did I................

16. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

Or you could enter a second team and add a real fast ringer then say the second bike blew up and not run it but then just have your one regular fast rider and your ringer ride the regular bike to keep you in the championship. Oh and the reason for the sixth rider on the roster is due to you consistantly running two teams all year....not just the 2nd to last round and last round....or maybe it was for a rider the hasn't been riding on the team for the last half of the year getting a tire deal from brand X a month ago and saying he can't ride for you anymore....but wait their he goes around barber on Brand Ys tires in the endurance race and brand x's distributor saying "I don't care what he rides in endurance he is contracted for sprints???

That would work too. good planning:clap: or good manipulation of the rules

17. Wizard

Wizard Well-Known Member

Keving said he has the same pict on his wall with some jackazz slowing him down hahahahahahahahahahahah

18. fiptas

fiptas L.O.C Endurance

:bow: :up: I was about half way through typing about the same thing but you said it better than I ever could. I'm really surprised WERA let all of that go down, seems like exactly the type of shite that Sean/Evelyn rail against. You'd think the roster rules are there specifically for the purpose of not letting a championship deteriorate into who can buy the fastest ringer. In the end we will all go out and ride hard and let the chips fall were they may and I guess it comes down to what you are prepared to do to win, and what your not.

19. Wizard

Wizard Well-Known Member

I think i was the only one who was going to protest Swantz last year.

20. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I think this is the proper way of viewing things. I'll probably never ride a bike in a modern class, so I will never have a chance to do it, but if I did ... I would certainly welcome it.