1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Schwantz doing the GNF Endurance this year?

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by 92excel, Sep 27, 2006.

1. hazbin69

hazbin69 forgot'n crewman

its good for promoting a series,that may help all of us...quit crying...go beat him!!!!!!!

2. russ#299

russ#299 Well-Known Member

yea, riding with schwantz is awsome and all, but like the guys above me have said, would it be that hard to come in 30 minutes to an hour early so that his laps wouldn't interfere with the real serious teams? or let him finish then just DQ him.

3. hazbin69

hazbin69 forgot'n crewman

he's human and can be beat...step up the game

4. russ#299

russ#299 Well-Known Member

sorry to burst your bubble, but some of us aint as talented as a world champion. this is club racing..

5. myNAMEisMUDD

myNAMEisMUDD i like the sound of that

i dont think they're talking about schwantz.

6. Lizard 1

Lizard 1 Well-Known Member

Good one. Club racing... right, your regional stuff is club racing. Then again, I bet you bitch when a guy liek Jensen shows up at your regional that is paying Suzuki money, too, huh?

All these guys whinning and bitching about Swantz and ringers and the like. When we ran AOD years ago, we made a pack with ourselves to not go look for ringers. To try and beat AOD and the riders they had on their team by ourselves. They had "ringers" in a sense, but like Hazbin said before, step up your game. We tried, we failed. We lost because we weren't fast enough, but even if we were, our pit stops were slower and we were a bit more unorganized. In a year's time, we finished second or third because we weren't good enough. Swantz and Spies and the others who may race Road Atlanta's GNF aren't coming out every weekend to do this.

You guys are whinning because of one event. If losing Suzuki 3rd place money is going to break your entire 10 round season, you've been making a ton more mistakes along the way that are apparently not visible to you.

It's not like the LW guys are bitching because Swantz could steal a top ten overall position.... Maybe take some notes from those guys.

7. jimmyv138

jimmyv138 Well-Known Member

What about when your 5 rider roster is full, but you add a second team for the last two rounds for the specific reason of adding a sixth rider(and a "ringer" in this case) to your roster. The rulebook states that if you consistently run two teams then you are allowed to add a sixth rider to your team as long as both teams share the same riders. I don't think that fielding a second team for the last two rounds of the year qualifies as consistent.

I will say that I think its awesome to have a chance to ride with Kevin Schwantz, and Jamie James, but thats not the issue that RuckusRacing is bringing up. I know that at the GNF LOC Endurance is going to have the same riders we have used all year and we are going to try our best to win. If we do, great, if we don't win, then so be it. We know that we tried our hardest and that we have done everything legitamately all year without breaking/manipulating the rules.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Who are you considering a ringer on Dalke anyway?

9. jimmyv138

jimmyv138 Well-Known Member

"ringer" or not I am under the impression that you have the 5 rider roster rule for this specific reason... so that a team can not bring on an extra rider for the end of the season when they are in a tight points race. The guys at Dalke have done a great job this year and I don't want to take anything away from that. They have all rode well and put in a strong effort, as has LOC, and TVR 2. I would have just liked to see the championship come down to the last round with the same 5 established riders on each team. :up:

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

My question still stands. Who is the ringer you keep mentioning? I didn't start that line of accusation, you guys have - and yes I'll get to the protest this week.

The rule is to in conjunction with the 3 frame rule keep someone from running a different bike/riders combo every weekend, or for example when we were running 16-20 rounds a year having a West Coast team and an East Coast one. It is not to limit teams who have riders bail on them.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Why is no one bitching about the other "ringers" coming down to take your milk money?

Cry babies.

12. vcr12 pit crew

vcr12 pit crew Well-Known Member

why is everyone crying so much? a guy (Kevin Schwants) wants to ride at a WERA event.. i think it would be great publicity and good for WERA....He's just another racer..he can be beat...don't think that just because he is a big name that he is going to come in and walk away with a win...it's not that easy...a lot can happen in 4 hours...so be happy that you get a chance to ride with him and quit crying and step up to the plate. If the shoe was on the other foot you wouldn't care about it. Just race and quit crying about it...

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There are two things going on here - the TVR2/LOC complaint is about Dalke and some other rider. The Kevin thing is it's own gig.

14. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

I don't think I have ever picked up Kevin in my crash truck :confused:
    According to the quote in my signature, he must not be a real WERA racer.

;) j/k Kevin :up:

15. paul

paul just fast enough

Whhaaa whaaa whaaa. I just wish I was going to be there.:(

16. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

sheesh

The name is Kevin Schwantz. S-C-H-W-A-N-T-Z. Come on now, I think the guy has done enough to at least have his name spelled correctly.

proceed

17. Chuck Ivey

Chuck Ivey Well-Known Member

Does anyone really think your opinions matter around here?

18. Chuck Ivey

And as far as Schwantz goes he would not be the fastest guy on the track so it really doesnt matter either. But I don't think it is right to allow second teams to just show up with riders like Schwantz just for the attention. Last year his team did win the overall, which would have otherwise been won by a Yamaha. But who would want that at the Suzuki GNF? And for those who want to ride on the same track as Kevin, take his school.

19. fiptas

fiptas L.O.C Endurance

Keith Marshall is the rider they added and the source of the protest. I'm curious though who bailed on who?

20. Chuck Ivey

The TVR2 complaint is with the wording of the rules and the "gray" area that has appeared once again. what is the definition of consistantly anyway, not to mention consistantly RUN. is there an appeals board we can get to interpret this?