1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is MotoAmerica working?

Discussion in 'General' started by Henrybgood2, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Also someone with the ability to get working capital like Penske.

2. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

While at the back of the grid, SDK is only a bit off the pace in Moto2 on what is clearly not exactly a top tier bike and one that he hasn't ridden before this weekend. That is the 4th place MA 600SS rider going into a class that has chewed up and spit out a multi-time WSS Champion, so I would say MA is working just fine.

3. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

Not knocking the guy's talent or any of the ones that went in and out of that class, 3 + seconds off is and eternity in that class. That's a tough class and tenths of a second are huge gains.

Senna likes this.
  4. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

Nice work for SDK , is he more a product of MotoAmerica or RBRC ?

ducnut and turner38 like this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's owned by an Indy Car team, however they are smart enough to look at potential return in investing that capital and one good bike event just doesn't cut it. I hate it but I do get it. It will be repaved eventually and hopefully they'll be able to justify some runoff improvements when they do.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He is product of both and all the other racing he's been doing as well. One series does not make a fast rider, especially one pro series, there isn't enough track time.

7. tett

tett Well-Known Member

This fascinates me, and makes me wonder... what DOES bring fans in?

8. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Have you attended a MotoA/WSBK/MotoGP race? (Not taking a dig)

Race weekends are more about the overall event than the racing. I haven't attended a MotoAmerica race but it seems like they "get it" a lot more than their predecessors.

9. tett

tett Well-Known Member

MotoAmerica at VIR earlier this year. AMA "Big Kahuna" 10 years before that, same place. But that's it. I enjoyed the bike racing, and also watching the Supermoto that was going on at the kart track. I really enjoyed the Jumbotrons... made it possible to watch the dogfight in the lightweight class. I just didn't consider what promoters have to plan for until Mongo mentioned it. Whatever they need to do to make it work, I'm all for it.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The event as a whole. Racing is just a part of that. Look at the biggest GP events - they are a party more than a race and that is what attracts people. Same for NASCAR and well, pretty much all pro racing.

11. Racing is part of the event, there needs to be a constant barrage of activity, especially with millennials.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I take this message as confirmation that you are indeed alive. Can a brother get an email response? :Poke:For an engineer, you are as hard to pin down as an artist. :D

13. I’ve been sick with the flu in a hotel room in Detroit. Managed to suck it up and made a flight home with out throwing up. Today’s the first day I’ve been out of bed in a while.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, I figured your cold turned out to be more than a cold. Glad you're feeling a little better.

15. Superbikeorbust

Superbikeorbust Well-Known Member

It is amazing!! The live feed is great as well.

ducnut likes this.
  16. Superbikeorbust

I feel we need more. Not just grid fillers good strong teams.

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The Asia Road Racing Championship (AARC) has uploaded the 2019 season to youtube. Also a good series to watch.

Gorilla George and ducnut like this.
  18. Superbikeorbust

I think BSB has the right formula. Chassis are 100% Superbike. ASBK has it right as well.

ducnut and Senna like this.
  19. Superbikeorbust

Sonoma numbers were up. Much higher then VIR.

20. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Weather probably played a factor in that.